The Ranch Harley-Davidson Job Description
Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales to customers by using current proactive
feature benefit sales techniques.
Key Result Areas
• Motorcycle Sales
• Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Sales Department Managers
• Attain new and used sales quotas as agreed upon with the sales manager.
• Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and solicit sales of all products.
• Present the features of all products to customers along with their benefits.
• Show each customer advantages of products over competing brands.
• Maintain the computerized inventory control system along with net profit objectives which
eliminate the possibility of “lower than anticipated” profits.
• Cross sell additional parts, accessories, HOG memberships, F&I products, Warranties &
service contracts etc. with all new and used vehicles.
• Maintain profit margin objective for all vehicle sales.
• Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
• Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and
proper storage of these items.
• Introduce new customers to the service, parts, general merchandise and F&I departments
and their personnel.
2) Customer Service
• Follow the C.U.S.T.O.M. sales process.
• Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
• Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
• Practice a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent
treatment when doing business.
• Use a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and
• Conduct a road test, and pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
• Ensure the delivery to customer is an “EVENT” which endears the customer to the
• Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files and personal follow-up to encourage
additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and
demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
• Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department
• Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners,
3) Other Duties
Job Title…………………. Sales Associate
Department……………... Sales Department
Supervisor………………. Sales Manager
The Ranch Harley-Davidson Job Description
• As assigned
• No Supervisory Responsibilities
• Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
• Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive
relationships with customers, employees GM and owner(s).
• Remain current with all Sales department training available by reviewing ProSell & P.A.C.E.
tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs assigned by
the Sales Manager.
• Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
• Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
• Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
• Continually learn more about the products and services you sell. Stay current on motorcycle
trends and selling features.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
• Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
• High energy level.
• Excellence communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
• Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles, and other
products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
• Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying
experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
• The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
• Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 950 lb. motorcycle.
• Spend the majority of the day on your feet.
• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other
toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
• Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
• Base Salary: $17,700
• Commissions: Minimum 4.25% of Front End Profit (If Personal Goal Missed)
8.5% of Front End Profit if Goal Met
9.5% of Front End Profit if Goal exceeded by 10%
For every additional 10% above goal, add an extra 0.5% for all bikes sold
*For example, if your goal was 10 bikes and you sold 13 bikes, you beat your goal by 30% so
you’d be paid 10.5% of FE Profit for all bikes sold.
College Station, TX