Multi-store auto dealer group in need of experienced full-time HR Generalist with payroll experience. The successful candidate will handle all aspects of HR as well process payroll for all stores.
The HR Generalist will be responsible for a full-range of HR activities including, but not limited to the following:
- Execute all pre-employment screening. Provide recommendations to senior management regarding hiring decisions and salary offers, ensuring that salary offers are within the appropriate range for the job.
- Ensures that all personnel have licenses or certifications as needed, and maintains records of all training.
- Ensure that all employees are scheduled for training as needed.
- Prepares time and attendance records for Quickbooks payroll input. Ability to process payroll as needed through Quickbooks. Maintains benefit hour records for each employee.
- Responsible for administering leaves of absence and maintaining appropriate records.
- Administers all benefit programs such as basic and major medical coverage, dental insurance, group life insurance, short-term disability, and other benefits. Consults with and advises employees on their eligibility for these and other related benefits.
- Maintains benefits records and documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage.
- Maintains and distributes plan documents and employee communications relating to benefits.
- Assures compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements.
- Assists in the administration of the performance planning and review program.
- Assists management with resolutions of employee concerns, performance issues, and other employee relations matters.
- Completes and files all government mandated employment reports and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform and support findings.
- Administers employee relations programs, employee communications, EAP program and new employee orientation.
- Conducts exit interviews for separating employees.
- Maintains all personnel and employment records and files. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures all human resources programs and actions are in compliance with organizational policies and relevant state and federal regulations.
- Assists with development of training materials for employees.
- Attends company meetings as required.
- Works directly with owner(s) to minimize HR business risk.
- Properly investigates and documents any employee concerns or complaints following generally accepted HR practices as well as business specific guidelines.
- As needed travel between the two stores to fulfill job duties.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience in similar position
- Minimum 5 years of human resources experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite and technology.
- SHRM certification preferred
Competitive compensation package, plus benefits. MUST have reliable transportation
Must be willing to submit to background and DMV check to be considered for this position.