Team Principal Lead - Back End / Mobile
Dealer Specialties Indianapolis, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
Dealer Specialties, a division of Dominion Enterprises, is hiring a Development Team Principal Lead. This position has the ability to be remote but will require some light travel to our Monroe OH office. Applicants must be located within the continental United States.
Dealer Specialties' robust suite of inventory products and services enables automotive dealers to take complete control of their inventory, from state-of-the-art photo, video, and inspection services, data collection, window labels, and online merchandising, to inventory pricing, and sourcing. Today’s automotive dealerships enjoy complete inventory management with Dealer Specialties. At Dealer Specialties, you will enjoy a relaxed, inclusive environment, where your hard work, dedication, and creativity are all recognized.
Check out more at www.dealerspecialties.com!
- Technical leadership of a team of software developers (including offshore contractors), in building features for our flagship inventory management solution.
- Provide senior level expertise on decisions and priorities related to the architecture and design of the applications and associated subsystems.
- Collaborate with your team, Product Management, UI/UX, DBA, QA, architect and other engineering teams to build solutions that meet business requirements. Be able to set achievable deadlines and work to ensure they are met on time.
- Serve as scrum master for your team, and lead all scrum ceremonies.
- Assist with design and code reviews.
- Coach and grow your team by utilizing well-defined goals.
- Coordinate learning sessions and mentorship opportunities for members of your team.
- Perform code deployments and participate in infrastructure discussions.
- Work with QA and architect to optimize testing techniques.
- Continually look for ways to improve our code base and evaluate new technologies.
- Participate in recruiting processes to continue the growth goals of the company.
- A passion for staying current in development technologies and an interest in expanding development knowledge to new languages/frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to clearly and effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable analytical skills, including both inductive and deductive reasoning
- Advanced technical expertise and 5 or more years practical experience in
- .NET framework (4.0 or later)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Advanced technical expertise and 3 or more years practical experience in
- Creating web applications using ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET API or similar
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Unit testing with xUnit, NUnit, or similar
- Familiarity with:
- Jira or similar project management system
- Bamboo or similar CI/CD system
- Crucible or similar code review system
- REST APIs for Mobile Backend
- OWASP Top 10
- Nice to haves
- .NET core
- Bootstrap and JQuery
- Mobile application development (preferably Kotlin)
- Cloud technologies (AWS or Azure)
- Building containerized solutions using microservices architecture
- Proven track record to analyze, organize, and integrate large amounts of complex information into clear, concise plans and presentations
- Positive and professional attitude with a willingness to “jump in” whenever necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, and 5+ years of work experience in applicable field, OR
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, and 2+ years of work experience in applicable field, OR
- Outstanding self-taught individuals with significant relevant work experience
- 1 or more years experience as a technical lead with direct reports
- Automotive industry experience is a plus
- Remote work available
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA. Coverage starts on the first day of the following month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) matching up to 4% after one year of employment
- Paid vacation, company holidays, and sick leave
- Corporate discount opportunities
Dealer Specialties treats every team member with trust, respect, and dignity, conducting our business in the true spirit of ethics and excellence. We encourage creativity, experimentation, and personal and professional growth. Individuals looking for the opportunity to launch a stimulating career with Dealer Specialties are invited to submit an introductory letter and resume.
Dominion Enterprises (DE) is a leading digital marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple business verticals. Our customers rely on our B2B cloud SaaS solutions to establish their online and mobile brands, generate leads, and manage customer relationships through our Homes.com, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Dominion Business Solutions / DX1, Travel Media and Franchise and Business Opportunity divisions. Our B2C web and mobile applications include Homes.com, HotelCoupons.com, FranchiseOpportunities.com, FranchiseGator.com, Franchise.com, and BusinessBroker.net.
About 2,000 employees reside and work in our Norfolk, VA home office and in offices across the U.S.Â Our employees will tell you about our collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environment, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.
EducationView all jobs at Dealer Specialties