ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES SPECIALIST - CUSTODIAN Part-time
- Posted: 11 days ago
The Women’s Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a full-time Environmental Services Specialist to join our team of professionals. The Environmental Services Specialist is responsible for performing custodian duties; cleaning tasks and a variety of other related tasks assigned to the department. This position is expected to work 16 hours a week, weekend shifts, 2pm to 10:30pm.
WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN’S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to “give back” by supporting programs and charities in our community.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES SPECIALIST CANDIDATES?
- The Environmental Services Specialist must have a high school diploma or its equivalent
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in healthcare
WHAT ARE THE ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES?
The Environmental Services Specialist is utilized as a first response to general maintenance needs, responds to Security needs of the hospital, according to specific policies and procedures.
- Performs duties of maintenance for first response.
- Cleans and maintains equipment. Performs minor maintenance to plumbing and lighting systems.
- Performs floor care tasks: This involves vacuuming, dust mopping and wet mopping floors, applying stripper to tile floor, scrubbing floor with a rotary machine, refinishing floor, buffing floors and shampooing carpet with rotary or carpet extractor.
- Set Ups/Tear Downs: Task involves moving furniture to form a set up using tablecloths and skirting, and removing furniture when meeting or function is over. Moving furniture from various areas within the hospital and outlying properties.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedures and custodian duties. Orders and issues supplies as needed.
- Washes walls, base coves, ceilings and ceiling grids. Cleans upholstered furniture. Cleans and maintains equipment and custodial storage areas.
- Work under direction of other staff to assist and learn. Makes first response to all maintenance calls as received and/or assigned.
- Performs duties of Security for first response as a deterrent to crime.
- Collects and removes waste from facility. This includes, but is not limited to, refuse, biohazard and linens.
Deaconess Women's Hospital
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?