DEVITA is currently accepting resumes for a Structural Engineer to serve as Structural Department Manager and to be responsible for growing our traditional structural engineering reporting unit, based in Marietta, Georgia. Due to positive signs in certain segments of the construction industry, as well as increased market share for DEVITA, and the need for succession planning, we are seeking valuable team members with an entrepreneurial interest. If you have engineering and sales experience, a passion for excellence, a take-charge attitude and the desire to join a consulting engineering firm with an outstanding reputation, send us your resume today for immediate consideration.
The Structural Department Manager is responsible for:
- Delivering engineering solutions on multiple projects, on budget and on schedule
- Pricing of structural work and assisting in proposal and sales efforts
- Coordinating structural team activities necessary to complete projects
- Assuring the quality of work performed by structural staff
- Designing structural systems for multi-family, commercial and manufacturing facilities.
- Managing client projects as they pertain to structural work
- Supervising and checking the work of structural designers and sub-consultants
- Coordinating technical project requirements with project team members, including clients, project managers, designers, and engineers, as well as other disciplines
- Minimum 10-15 years engineering experience
- B.S. Structural Engineering degree preferred
- Professional Engineering licensure required
- Structural Engineering (SE) licensure strongly preferred or eligible and willing to sit for the 16-hour exam
- Experience with systems including steel, concrete, wood and masonry
- Post-tension design experience required
- High-rise design experience preferred
- Precast concrete experience a plus
- Existing client relationships in the metro Atlanta-area preferred
- Energetic team player
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in or familiar with RISA and Enercalc
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT preferred
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Founded in 1984, DEVITA is an employee-owned company offering comprehensive, multi-disciplined engineering services for a variety of projects. As employee owners, we work hard because we know you work hard. We give you and your project the attention you expect, providing creative solutions and dependable results.
With offices in Greenville, SC, Richmond, VA, Atlanta, GA, and Charlotte, NC, we are well positioned to deliver a full range of engineering services for your industrial, commercial, or government agency projects. We work together with one goal in mind: exceeding your expectations time and again.
Our team can provide coordinated engineering, consulting, and design services spanning our specialty divisions. With comprehensive mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, and precast expertise, we've worked on projects of all sizes and for a wide range of industries.