Medication Technician NC, $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!
DePaul Denver, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Category Assisted Living
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Department Personal Care
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) Carolina
Wexford House, a DePaul Senior Living Community, is looking for a fullt-time Medication Technician to join our team! Under the general direction of the Supervisor-In-Charge the Medication Technician will administer prescribed medication and treatment to residents in a safe and timely manner within the guidelines set forth by DePaul Adult Care Communities and the state of North Carolina. The Medication Technician will also be responsible for resident's personal care as described in the Personal Care Assistant (PCA) position description while not administering medications.
Please note, this position is eligible for a $500 Sign-On Bonus!
The starting rate for this position is $15/hour.
- Administration of medication and treatment to residents timely, accurately and as prescribed by the physician.
- Documentation of those medications and treatments.
- Observation and documentation of response (therapeutic or adverse) to medications and treatments.
- Maintaining an organized, clean and secure medication cart and medication room.
- Timely ordering of medications and or supplies for availability to residents
- Following facility and pharmacy guidelines and policies in ordering, returning and discontinuing of medication orders.
- Preparation of medications for residents leaving the facility for extended periods of time, or arranging for the delivery of those medications from the pharmacy.
- Accurately processing physician orders and transcribing orders to the Medication Administration Record.
- Directly accountable for the security of controlled substances and the accuracy of record keeping.
- Practices and maintains appropriate infection control techniques when preparing/administering medications and employs universal precautions at all times.
- Proficient in testing blood glucose levels of diabetic residents.
- Proficient in the preparation and administration of insulin injections.
- Performs personal care duties as described in the PCA position description in response to the needs of the resident or as assigned.
- Participates in the required six (6) hours of medication in-service education.
- Assists in providing a quiet, therapeutic and homelike environment.
- Must be able to document CNA certification or completion of PCA 80 hour training.
- Must be a certified Medication Technician or Pass the Medication Technician Test issued by the state of North Carolina within 90 days of Medication Skills Checklist. *The Medication Skills Checklist must be completed before passing any medication.
- Must possess a working knowledge of resident care, particularly with the geriatric and adult special care needs population.
- Must be at least Eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must have the required references and criminal record check.
- Must be in good standing with the Healthcare Personnel Registry.
- Must have the required two-step Tuberculosis (TB) testing in accordance with HC Adult care Home Rules.
Protective Equipment Used/Equipment Needed
HealthcareView all jobs at DePaul