The purpose of this position is to maintain all records in accordance with state regulations and facility policy. The administrative assistant assists with designated business functions and business office management.
1. Assures that telephones are answered promptly and professionally.
2. Processes incoming and outgoing mail; assures residents receive their mail timely.
3. Assists with receivables and banking functions, including but not limited to resident spending, petty cash, and collections.
4. Maintains inventory of office supplies and forms; orders as needed.
5. Arranges for maintenance of office equipment.
7. Maintains daily census.
8. Assembles and maintains a supply of new admission packets for resident admissions.
9. Assists in completing resident admissions.
10. Checks admission information for accuracy and completeness.
11. Completes all resident admission and discharges in the AWARDS program timely.
12. Upon discharge of resident, assembles record for permanent filing.
13. Holds in confidence all information contained in the resident's record and other documents pertaining to the resident (includes family information).
14. Assembles and maintains a supply of new employee packets.
15. Assists in the hiring approval process.
16. Assists in the New Employee Orientation process.
17. Assembles and maintains personnel files.
18. Assures employee information is kept current and confidential.
19. Maintains attendance records on employees.
20. Maintains a record of in-service and training attendance.
21. Assists with marketing.
22. Attends all in-services and assists as needed.
23. Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
24. Promotes loyalty among staff, generates positive attitude in facility by demonstrating support of the policies and procedures.
Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and hold a high school diploma or GED.
Minimum of one year experience using office / business skills.
Must have the required references and criminal record check.
Must be in good standing with the Health Care Personnel Registry.
Must have documentation that he / she is free from tuberculosis disease that poses a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Must have good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Well lighted, air-conditioned / heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable diseases or confused residents.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Senior Living
Corporation Names: DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) Carolina
External Company URL: http://depaul.org/
Street: 2515 Fowler Secrest Rd.