POSITION TYPE: Full-time
The Parts Inventory Clerk assures proper control on ordering, receiving, and shipping of the parts inventory. This position will also include administrative functions and customer service functions . The Parts Inventory Clerk is someone who has a high attention to detail so if you're good at catching the little things and enjoy organizing then this is a great entry-level opportunity for you!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid Michigan driver’s license with an insurable driving record
- Ability to read, speak, and write English in order fulfill job functions in an understandable way - Bi-lingual folks encouraged to apply!
- Ability to operate a computer and telephone system
- Ability to learn how to operate a forklift - Some of the parts are suuuper heavy!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and receive all incoming orders and shipments
- File all packing slips by facility - Gotta keep that paper trail organized!
- Prepare and process any outgoing shipments
- Assign bin locations to new parts being phased in and as needed to parts returned from customers - Even more organization!
- Fill out appropriate inventory control sheets as needed
- Create and process core returns to manufacturers
- Pull and process parts for returns and prepare them for pickup - This is that part where its uber important to be detail orientated!
- Assist with yearly physical inventory
- Understands, keeps up to date with, and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Attend parts department meetings as needed - Communication is key!
- Complete required training courses as assigned - Continuous learning is important to us! We want you to grow!
- Comply with all DeNooyer Chevrolet policies and procedures
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fill in as Delivery Driver as necessary
- Fill in for Parts Advisors as necessary - We're a team environment! We like to help each other out!
- Ensure the work and customer areas are kept clean
- Relating positively with diverse groups of people (customers and staff)
- All other duties as assigned - Can't forget about this one!
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach and stretch
- Ability to work in conditions such as: varying temperatures, noise, and fumes - You know, the usual stuff involved with cars
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays - But no Sundays!
DeNooyer Chevrolet offers services and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other legally protected characteristic.