Project Manager II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Project Manager II position is a combination role covering multiple critical areas of a Corrugated business. The primary areas include Tooling, Scheduling, and Attendance. This position requires extensive knowledge and experience in the Corrugated Box industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the tooling department and personnel. Check tooling every morning for damage from previous runs, order new tooling if damaged.
- Maintain tooling log for scheduling and planning purposes.
- Interact in regular status and project meetings for active projects; Proactively communicating all concerns that impact the projects and offer viable solutions to customer issues.
- Specify, quote, and procure print plates and cutting dies needed from outside vendors for orders.
- Obtain ink drawdowns from INX
- Help communicate special production requirements for new items to floor supervisors.
- Troubleshoots any project issues by identifying the root cause and implementing corrective actions to ensure on-time delivery of the project to our customers.
- Ensure project milestones are met and project has adhered to budget.
- Work with Sales Department on new projects and maintaining existing projects.
- Analyze print issues or structural issues with new projects and effectively communicate solutions with production teams.
- Maintain and review proofs for changes and corrections before obtaining approval and sending to Salesperson.
- Constant communication with vendors to obtain proofs and discuss changes.
- Occasional direct contact with end customer.
- Order drawdowns and occasionally send to our customer through FedEx or courier.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Reading production diaries and confirming hours worked.
- Keeping track of attendance and sending emails everyday with update.
- Write up employees in violation of attendance policy.
- Monitor temp employee hours and report to temp agencies
- Handle all time clock and time card issues, including setting up in TimeMotto
- Provide backup scheduling, as needed. Summary of duties below:
- Internal and external production control activities. Directly responsible for the day-to-day production control operations including controlling, coordinating, and planning matters and services. Serves as a direct link between the management and the Production team on all critical issues, and operational status.
- Assists with the developing, implementing, and execution of production control development strategies, plans, objectives, and goals to achieve the highest level of customer
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle order expedites, order status, new product requests and quotes, etc.
- Using sales forecasts, historical data, and Enterprise system: Plans, procures, and allocates materials and supplies to support production while meeting inventory targets and uninterrupted production.
- Processes and maintain customer PO’s based upon the quote provided and negotiated pricing in a manner that promotes customer satisfaction and relationship building while meeting the stated business objectives of the DeLine facility. Evaluate on-time customer delivery request against production May coordinate with the customer service and production teams to adjust delivery schedule.
- Expedite and track required materials and supplies or processes to support production
- Provide revenue Create and maintain production metrics.
- Responsible for overseeing capacity planning for all
- Negotiate with suppliers for goods and services to optimize quality, cost, and delivery. Maintain Review expiring agreements and contracts for pricing opportunities. Seek out and suggest alternative suppliers and communicate recommendations to management.
- Ensure efficiency of inbound logistics for corrugated materials while meeting objectives for premium freight and total freight costs.
- Manage and maintain MRP parameters to meet inventory Analyze inventory levels and meet DeLine objectives. Calculate re-order points and enter into the Enterprise System.
- Utilize programs, such as lean/six sigma, continuous improvement to identify best practices and drive quality improvements throughout the organization including dock to stock, supplier managed programs, reduction of supplier lead times, reduction of safety stock, supplier strategic pricing, Kanban system, and increasing inventory turns.
- High school diploma
- 10 years’ experience in Corrugated Industry
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of
DeLine Box & Display
Get fresh Remote IT Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.