Join De Trio Health Care!
De Trio Health Care is currently seeking a Direct Support Professional to work with our team in residential care homes. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the Program Administrator. We are a level 4I home that works with Adults with Developmental Disabilities; we need employees who are punctual, team players, creative, willing to learn, flexible, and good communicators. Preferably have care giving experience in a level 4 home or day program.
Direct Support Professional
- Direct Support Professional staff provide assistance and supervise residents in activities of daily living.
- DSP staff will be responsible for behavioral management and deescalating residents.
- Responsible for adhering to and documenting an individual's program as directed by the Program Administrator, RN House Manager or licensed staff in charge.
- Responsible for providing active programming at all times. Facilitating groups and promoting a safe environment.
- Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and schedules established by their supervisor.
- Functions are consistent with certified nurse's aide regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program policies "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341).
- High School diploma or GED.
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) preferred.
- DSP (preferred)
- Must have at least one year experience working in a program serving persons with developmental disabilities .
- Experience working in a residential facility or group home environment.
- CPR Certification.
- MAB training (will provide training).
- Responds to crisis in accordance with De Trio Health Care policy and training.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and settings.
- Ability to work weekend shifts Hours of operation is 24-7; AM-shift, PM-shift, and NOC-shift.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne pathogens, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical nursing environment.
- Interaction with consumers who display aggressive and/or self-injurious behaviors.
- Valid California driver license
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug screen, including current TB
- Successful completion of DOJ and FBI background check
- Successful completion of all trainings as required by applicable regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and DSP2.
Equal Opportunity Employer
De Trio Health Care is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About De Trio Health Care
De Trio Health Care, is a premier licensed Adult Residential Care Facility dedicated to serving adults with special needs. De Trio Health Care was founded in 2017, providing innovative services for people with developmental disabilities since its inception.
We believe that all people deserve an opportunity to build meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and families find support through De Trio Health Care programs to learn, work, and live as they choose and as independently as possible.
De Trio Health Care Mission Statement
Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All –
Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective talents and innovation, De Trio Health Care support individuals with diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
De Trio Health Care Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities and government, De Trio Health Care will be the provider of choice for people with diverse challenges.
De Trio Health Care Residential Programs
De Trio Health Care provides care for people with Intellectual Disabilities and skilled nursing needs via a sophisticated, state of the art, alternative model of care. People live in single family homes, with individual/shared bedrooms and all the typical "home-like" amenities, as opposed to having to live in larger congregate hospital-like settings.
Likewise, our employees enjoy a smaller, more personal and home-like working environment, as well as the opportunity to provide a very high level of quality care based upon the smaller number of residents (typically 4 per home) and the high staff to resident ratio.