Medication Technician, Geriatric nurse assistance/CNA
Provides basic patient care under direction of nursing staff.
- Answers patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems.
- Give medications to residents per Md's orders in accordance with 6 medication rights
- Turns or repositions bedridden patients.
- Provides physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities.
- Reviews patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
- Measures and records food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Records vital signs, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
- Gathers information about patient condition, treatment plans, or appropriate activities.
- Observes or examines patients to detect symptoms that may require medical attention.
- Documents or otherwise reports observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Reminds patients to take medications or nutritional supplements.
- Feeds patients or assists patients to eat or drink.
- Supplies, collects, or empties bedpans.
- Undresses, washes, and dresses patients who are unable to do so for themselves.
- Changes bed linens or makes beds.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- cook, serve, and feed resident as needed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: A few months to one year of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Service orientation
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness