Job title/ Department:
Merchandiser / Sales
Pay Grade/ Pay Band:
Who we are:
Become part of a thriving beer & wine company distributing top brands and delivering excelled performance. We represent products that celebrate life. We're in a highly-competitive industry that takes jungle-like thinking to stay on top. Everyone here is a part of a team- or a "pride" as the lion calls its family. We care for our communities and we strive for continuous improvement. Like Victor, our crest lion, we "roar" in every area of our business. Cheers!
Call on assigned Retail Accounts while checking product freshness and proper rotation. Build lasting relationships with our Retailers, accomplish preset Account objectives, merchandise Accounts with quality and current POS. Meet Standards set forth by Direct Team Leader and General Sales Manager.
How to Spot Our Leaders (Key Competencies and KPI's)
Corporate: Heidelberg Core Values, Action-Oriented, Self-Development, Drive for Results
Department: Customer Focus, Negotiating, Presentation Skills, Interpersonal Savvy
KPI's: Beer & Wine: Goal Performance, Case Sales vs. Prior Year, Dollar Sales vs. Prior Year
KPI's: AB: Case Actual vs. Goal, Dollar Actual vs. Goal, PFP Actual vs. Potential PFP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities & Expectations
Drive Sales to be above the State Trends Monthly for each Supplier we represent.
- Assist Sales Professionals with display builds, ensuring displays are positioned in an impactful location. Said displays should be priced correctly and should utilize the most current POS materials.
- Be knowledgeable of current Sales Goals in order to assist Sales Professionals with opportunity identification.
- Assist Sales and Operations with product delivery.
- Assist in route coverage during periods of vacation.
Merchandise Accounts with current POS and Pricing
- Be prepared daily with correct merchandise to keep Accounts up to date.
- Audit Accounts during sales calls to ensure Neon's and other permanent POS is up to HDC Standards
- Keep your Route up to date with Accounts on the correct selling days and in order that you run the route.
- Any coding adjustments needed to accounts, such as, non-displayable, draft added or account closing needs to be updated through the Sales Administrator.
Qualifications and Requirements [Include Training/Certification]
- Have valid Driver's license and must be 21 years of age
- Beverage and consumer product sales experience preferred
- Computer skills, Microsoft office preferred
- Very outgoing along with strong self-direction
- Work with minimal supervision, ability to set priorities, and multitask
Working Conditions & Dress Code
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions and wide temperature variations
- Must be to work flexible hours through the week and, sometimes weekends
- Week before and, during National Holidays are a must to work
- Dress code is business casual; closed-toe shoes are suggested. Other restrictions may apply.
Physical Requirements [These Can Be Attached If Extensive]
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. minimum, climb ladders while working safety
- Able to maneuver Floor Jacks in large box stores
- Rotate up to 100 cases of beer a day and, build multi case displays
Physical Requirements, Etc.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to stand; balance; walk; climb stairs, sit; use hands to feel and handle objects, tools, or controls, including standard office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear; and have specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
This position may constitute a "key employee" position under the Family and Medical Leave Act.