Substitute Teacher (K-12)
Dayton Early College Academy Dayton, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
GUEST (SUBSTITUTE) TEACHER
- Put students first;
- Demand success;
- Invest deeply in relationships;
- Do what's right;
- Prove education changes lives;
- Find joy.
- 94°/o of our students are African-American and 72%are economically disadvantaged;
- Over 80% of our students will be first in their family to go to college;
- DECA is committed to providing a rigorous and engaging academic curriculum;
- Our campuses foster an awareness of social justice issues;
- Strong community partnerships are at the core of our success;
- DECA alumni graduate from college at a rate nearly 5 times the national average for first-generation college students and on par with their suburban counterparts.
- Are developing and practicing cultural competence in their teaching, teamwork, and leadership;
- Build relationships with students, families, colleagues, and community;
- Provide, seek, and act on feedback;
- Live our Core Values.
Substitute Teachers at Dayton Early College Academy (DECA) serve as substitute teachers when our teachers/advisors are unable to be at school. The Substitute Teacher reports to the DECA Principal/School Director.
- Valid Ohio License;
- Short-Term or Long-Term Substitute; or
- K-3, 4-9 or 7-12 Ohio Teaching License. Prior relevant experience preferred;
- Prior relevant experience preferred;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- A broad range of interests and experience with a passion for learning;
- Knowledge of state and national academic content standards;
- Basic knowledge in all core content areas;
- Knowledge of pedagogical theories, perspectives, and developments;
- Sound classroom management skills;
- Ability to improvise and work through uncertainties;
- Experience with technology-integration in the teaching and learning process;
- Effectiveness in an interdisciplinary, teamed environment;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Leadership skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Serve as positive role model for students;
- Follow lesson plans as provided by the classroom teacher;
- Implement, by instruction and action, Dayton Early College Academy's mission;
- Know and understand the Dayton Early College Academy goals and how they align to content area standards as defined by Ohio Department of Education and the University of Dayton;
- Celebrate student accomplishments;
- Hold students accountable for their academic progress;
- Report each student's progress, both educationally and socially, to classroom teacher.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the principal.
- On call
- School/college buildings;
- Internship sites;
- Retreat/field sites;
- Other environments as deemed necessary/appropriate.
- While performing the duties of his/her job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- The noise level in this work environment is quiet to loud depending on the activity and location.
- Working conditions for this job include (1) possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue; and (2) occasional operation of a motor vehicle to transport students.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Powered by JazzHR
Dayton Early College Academy
EducationView all jobs at Dayton Early College Academy