Controller- 50% Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an experienced Controller looking to join a dynamic team? Are you looking for a position with remote flexibility? Do you have a passion for excellence? Dayrise Residential is looking for a strong leader who can bring Financial/Accounting expertise and experience to our organization. This position will provide opportunities for you to stretch your knowledge and fully utilize your skills, all while adding value to an exceptional company with a stellar reputation!
Who is Dayrise Residential?
We are a team of professionals who deliver exceptional service and build long trusting relationships with our residents. We create an exciting and inspiring professional environment for employees to excel through collaboration and innovation.
To deliver exceptional service and build long, trusting relationships with our residents. To create an exciting and inspiring professional environment for employees to excel and grow through collaboration and innovation. To grow value and minimize risk for investors, ensuring superior performance and market leadership.
Our office is location in Houston, TX, in the Galleria area, with 50% remote capacity.
As the Controller for Dayrise Residential, you will lead and direct the organization's accounting functions by establishing and maintaining accounting systems, procedures, and policies. This position will oversee all reporting and analysis of internal and external financial statements, manage the budget process, and oversee tax planning and compliance. Your goal will be to evaluate the effectiveness of the financial control environment and ensure that the accounting for all transactions is performed in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner in conformity with GAAP. The Controller will collaboratively work cross-functionally with other managers, including in operations, IT and HR, and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, and investment activities of the organization.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and working capital levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements of cash in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities, such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and reports required by senior management.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Responsible for all tax reporting - federal income tax, franchise tax, property tax and sales tax.
- Maintain depreciation schedule
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and external accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required
- 5+ years' experience in Accounting
- Experience managing others, preferably 3+ team members
- Experience in real estate or multi-family housing industry preferred
- Experience with RealPage is a plus
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Collaborative team player
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to gather, present and analyze information skillfully
- Thorough and high attention to detail
- Expertise in accounting in accordance with GAAP
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and senior management
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Excel
Why work for Dayrise Residential?
In addition to joining a fun work environment; our compensation and benefits package are designed to encourage longevity with the company. Below are some of the benefits offered:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401-K retirement plan
- Apply today and let us know why you would be a great fit for our Controller position!
Dayrise Residential is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status established by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Dayrise Residential
Get fresh Remote Project Controls jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.