Ap Clerk at MMD Management Inc
Dayne Cullen Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
MMD Management Inc. is a consulting and management firm that owns and manages a retail chain of dispensaries throughout southern California, under the brand MMD. We have an outstanding reputation for quality of products and services. We are proud to have been part of the first wave of legal cannabis in California and we continue to grow our holdings in a thriving recreational market. MMD Management provides all the accounting, marketing, purchasing and management services for the retail stores. We are looking for an AP Clerk to join our fun, collaborative, team oriented and relaxed working corporate environment. Located in Sherman Oaks, CA.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling, and preparing checks or ACH payments, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Communicate with vendors weekly on payment status and respond to emails accordingly.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Research outstanding checks.
- Assist Controller as needed on various projects.
- Prepare weekly A/P report to Controller.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifiy vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Participate in weekly accounting team meeting.
This is a part-time position in the corporate office. Flexible time available. No telecommuting. Office provides a stocked employee kitchen and covered parking.
Accounts Payable Clerk Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to prioritize weekly payments with cash budget provided
- Attention to detail
- Analyze information
- Knowledge of A/P
- Able to communicate effectively with Vendors and establish relationships
- Data entry skills
- Must be vaccinated for COVID
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience with QuickBooks Desktop
- MUST be proficient in Excel
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Dayne Cullen