Experience Associate - Overnight
Daydream Apartments Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Experience Associate is the first point of contact for our guests and residents and our first opportunity to make them feel welcome and loved. The ideal candidate should have a hospitality or multifamily background and a strong passion for hospitality and providing exceptional customer service. The Experience Associate will display a high level of integrity and professionalism and will complement the property through appearance, performance, and service orientation, while ensuring property rules and regulations are enforced. Experience Associates are responsible for engaging directly with residents and with homeshare guests prior to and throughout their stay at our communities. This role reports to the Hospitality Experience Manager, or in cases when staffing plan does not have a Hospitality Experience Manager, the General Manager.
- Handle property assets, guest and resident information in a way that maintains daydream standards, best practices, and policies and procedures
- Project an upbeat and positive attitude by warmly acknowledging all residents, guests, and vendors with a smile, greeting them first and conveying a willingness-to-serve attitude
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, genuine, and able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
- Use empathy to understand and help meet the needs of our residents and guests and establish rapport with residents and guests
- Respond to resident and guest communications, answer inquiries, and offer suggestions to ensure their needs are met; this includes but is not limited to fielding guest reservation requests, obtaining guest names, arrival times, reason for stay, and any special requests
- Create "Surprise and Delight" moments for residents and guests
- Be an ambassador for the city and local community and share your knowledge with guests and residents
- Manage building access for guests, residents, and authorized vendors using key system technology
- Monitor amenity spaces and ensure residents and guests are adhering to community policies
- Must be capable of learning and training others on community software, such as Guesty, Remote Lock, Entrata, Slack and Breezeway
- Maintain the atmosphere and cleanliness of entry lobbies and common spaces by stocking and taking inventory of refreshment stations, cleaning up immediate areas and any other necessary tasks to ensure guests and residents feel welcome
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of daydream's homesharing program and be able to answer resident questions about becoming hosts, while also knowledgeable of program from the guest-facing side (hours of operation, house rules, check-in/check-out procedures, etc.)
- Store luggage and politely handle early check-in, late checkout, and any other requests when necessary
- Assist sales team by facilitating self-guided or virtual tours and scheduling onsite tours
- Assess property and inform maintenance team of any need for repair or cleaning, including receiving and logging resident service requests and following up to ensure completion
- Complete daily tasks and shift reports, providing an overview of what occurs during shift and highlighting pertinent information that needs to be passed on to the next shift
- Have full knowledge of and be compliant with all property safety and emergency procedures and follow all local, city and federal regulations
- Assist with administrative duties such as light copying, package management and other requests as deemed necessary by management
- Work on special projects as deemed necessary by management and be willing to work flexible hours
- Must be able to cross train in other areas of property to ensure all guest services are covered
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A minimum of one year of experience working in hospitality or customer service industry required
- Multifamily experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with residents, guests,team, management, and third-party vendors in person, by telephone, and via email or text
- Computer savvy with the capacity to learn and master multiple software systems
- Ability to analyze, organize, prioritize, and follow up with a strong sense of urgency
- Active listening skills, strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills when responding to inquiries and requests
- Proactive decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem
- A competent team player with a positive attitude and the knack to smile under all circumstances
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
daydream apartments is a new, innovative multifamily platform that owns and manages Class A apartments and facilitates homesharing for residents. The Denver-based firm was founded to create a new type of urban residential community, one with real opportunities for residents to lower their housing expenses with managed homesharing. In addition, the creation of truly dynamic, engaging communities is core to the daydream vision.
daydream properties are dynamic, with abundant common areas and programming that connects residents and guests, all in highly walkable city neighborhoods. The company founders bring to daydream a passion for innovation and decades of institutional residential and hospitality ownership.
daydream's compensation package includes base salary, a performance bonus, health insurance and the opportunity to create the world's first branded homesharing platform. Additionally, there is potential to participate in a profit-sharing program for individuals who excel in their role and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to daydream's core values.
At daydream we serve a different set of communities. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro