- Expired: September 24, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Daycon Products Company, a leading manufacturer and distributor of building maintenance supplies and services, is in search of an experienced and talented professional to join our Upper Marlboro, MD based finance team in the position of Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will support the Controller and Assistant Controller in overseeing Daycon's accounting operations and the execution of accurate and timely reporting to our parent company, Envoy Solutions, LLC.
This role will serve in the following areas: General Ledger; month-end close; posting and reconciliation of journal entries; financial statement preparation and analysis; budget preparation; bank and account reconciliations and bulk business analysis. We invite you to become a part of our 80 year legacy and stellar reputation in the industry. In return for your talents we offer you a fantastic working environment and great benefits. We can't wait to welcome this critical new member to our finance team. Apply today!
Position: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Controller
Hours: Core Work Hours 8am-5pm
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life, STD, LTD, Vacation
Location: Home base in Upper Marlboro, MD with tele-work opportunities as appropriate
- Support financial integration initiatives with parent company, Envoy Solutions, LLC; collaborate on projects to reach business objectives.
- Under direction of Assistant Controller, prepare monthly closing journal entries. This includes obtaining data from source systems, reconciliations and following up on reconciling items with internal and external parties.
- Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and components of reporting package.
- Provide backup for monthly closing script on BD0.
- Manage back end income "Marketing Fee" process reconciliation utilizing vendor spend, specific program and reconciling to cash, credits and deductions received/taken.
- Prepare / review customer GL upload file billing including reconciliation to source systems.
- Maintain and implement accounting controls for SOX compliance
- Assist with the financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Facilitate and prepare PBCs during financial audits
- Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and weekly dashboards for customers and internal partners
- Prepare and manage commissions schedule and carve out financials for key business unit.
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Prepare 401k upload entry, reconciling to employee contributions and employer match.
- Liaise with warehouse for cycle and inventory counts.
- Use Excel based "F9" to pull GL data for ad hoc analysis.
- Support payroll processes as needed and provide back-up to Assistant Controller
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or Related Field; dual major in Finance a plus
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in corporate accounting, Big Four / National Accounting audit practice
- In depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and advanced / expert Excel skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- A high degree of business acumen
- Ability to communicate financial information clearly and concisely utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience supporting a distribution firm a plus
- Experience in a SOX environment a plus
- Experience preparing and posting journal entries a plus
- AS400 software experience a plus
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
More About Daycon:
Daycon Products Company has been a leading manufacturer and distributor of building maintenance supplies for the past 80 years. You read that right, 80 YEARS. We are immensely proud of the Daycon legacy and we invite you to join our family. We provide innovative cleaning products and solutions, consulting and training, and coordination and education of green cleaning and sustainability programs for building owners, property managers, contract cleaners, public schools systems and universities. Daycon's corporate headquarters is located in Upper Marlboro, Maryland with additional retail locations throughout Maryland and Virginia.
Daycon Products offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, a 401K plan with company match, life insurance and both short and long term disability. For more information about Daycon Products Company, go to www.daycon.com.
Daycon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Daycon Products Co., Inc.
AddressUpper Marlboro, MD
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Daycon Products Co., Inc.