Pro Center Sales Associate-Baltimore
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sales Associate - Facility & Janitorial Supplies
Daycon Products Company, a leading manufacturer and distributor of building maintenance supplies and services, is in search of an entry to mid-level Retail Sales Associate to join our ProCenter division. This position will be based in our Halethorpe, MD store location and will report to the Store Manager. The Sales Associate will support in the daily sales and operational functions of the store, to include providing stellar customer service, maintaining an exceptionally clean and stocked facility, and solution selling to customers seeking janitorial and building supplies. This person must also be willing to be flexible with work hours and be willing to work overtime. Come join our team and grow with us!
Position: ProCenter Sales Associate
Hours: ProCenters are open Monday through Friday 8am-6pm and on Saturdays from 9am-2pm; Work schedule will be assigned based on a Full Time 40-hour schedule
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life, STD, LTD, Vacation, Personal
Location: 1632 Sulphur Spring Rd Halethorpe, MD 21227
· Operates and reconciles cash registers to receive payments in the form of AR Accounts, credit card, cash or check.
· Must have the ability to operate a Point-of-Sale System (POS).
· Ability to participate in sales promotion activities.
· Must be able to merchandise the store front effectively as directed by the Sales Manager.
· Assists in generating new sales and develop customer relationships.
· Must be able to upsell customers for new opportunities in janitorial products.
· Assists in store inventory transfers; this also includes ordering for store inventory.
· Must be able to perform cycle counts.
· Must be able to put away 5-12 pallets of product.
· Participates in off-site sales meetings as required.
· Accurately prepares, communicates, and delivers the stores daily financial records to corporate including closeouts.
· Ability to always maintain stellar store cleanliness to include restrooms.
· Stock shelves and front facing products daily.
· Any additional duties as assigned.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· At least 1 year of distribution center sales experience.
· Facility supplies/Janitorial Supply product knowledge a plus.
· Computer proficiency a must.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Superior ability to communicate verbally with customers and co-workers.
· Ability to handle customer concerns to resolution or use proper judgement to escalate.
· Ability to lift up to 30lbs; be able to assist carrying orders to customers vehicles.
· Sales aptitude and ability to solution sell a must.
· Willingness to work weekends and/or travel locally to another store to provide coverage is a must.
· Valid driver's license with reliable vehicle.
· Ability to make bank deposits.
· Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
· Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
More About Daycon:
Daycon Products Company has been a leading manufacturer and distributor of building maintenance supplies for the past 80 years. You read that right, 80 YEARS. We are immensely proud of the Daycon legacy, and we invite you to join our family. We provide innovative cleaning products and solutions, consulting and training, and coordination and education of green cleaning and sustainability programs for building owners, property managers, contract cleaners, public schools systems and universities. Daycon's headquartered in Upper Marlboro, Maryland with additional retail locations throughout Maryland and Virginia.
Daycon Products offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, a 401K plan with company match, life insurance and both short- and long-term disability. For more information about Daycon Products Company, go to www.daycon.com.
Daycon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Daycon Products Co., Inc.
Get fresh Janitorial Sales Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.