Sales Representative - Government Communication Solutions
- Posted: 8 days ago
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
FLEX SCHEDULE - possible work from home office with occasional office stop in after training is complete!
You'll be essential in delivering innovative solutions to State, Local, and Federal Government agencies that make them more connected to the world. You'll be tasked with growing sales opportunities through strategic networking, negotiating and closing sales. Having a deep understanding of complex government agencies will drive your success as a trusted adviser that they can rely on to make their operations run better.
- Understanding customer needs and recommending innovative solutions from the DAY & Motorola Solutions portfolio
- You understand how technology and services come together to solve business challenges and can explain just how in a way that customers understand
- You thrive on closing a big deal but also know that strong follow-through, a sense of urgency, and putting the customer first will get you there
- Working with government agencies is a little different—there's a fair amount of red tape—but you take it in stride and deliver outstanding customer service in just the way that works for them
- Outside sales experience (minimum 5 years of sales experience or equivalent leadership/management experience preferred)
- Sold to large national or government accounts (ideal - but we will train the right person)
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Willingness to travel
- Office 365 proficient
- You'll be essential in delivering innovative solutions to State, Local, and Federal Government agencies that make them more connected to the world
- You'll be tasked with growing sales opportunities through strategic networking, negotiating and closing sales
- Seeking out new growth opportunities and generating new sales leads
- Writing proposals and responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Providing follow-up training for new customers
- Handling your sales pipeline and activity with sales management tools (NetSuite proficiency preferred)
- Generating forecasting and tracking reports
- Keeping up with new offerings and market trends through training and your own research
- You make it easy for customers to do business with you by building relationships through listening, anticipating and responding to their needs
Day Wireless is looking for someone who is motivated, experienced selling to government entities, and goal oriented that has experience selling in a team environment with creative and resourceful problem solving abilities and strong attention to detail. If this describes you, you may be eligible to become a member of our Day Wireless team as our next Government Wireless Sales Representative.
The product focus is on Motorola products, software and wireless systems including:
- Software – Security, Public safety, AI + more!
- Two-Way Radio Systems
- CAD Systems, NG911, Digital Evidence Management
- Broadband Wireless Ethernet Bridges
- Digital CCTV
- In-Building Signal Boosters
- Telemetry and Data
- Wireless Data Capture Devices
- WLAN Networking
- Plus more!
The Key to Your Success:
- Have the personality and drive to want to be the best!
- Be able to talk to anyone - open, honestly and transparently
- Maintain a high level of activity - this could be development, proposal presentation, negotiation, and post-sale services.
- Be self-motivated!
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and honesty
- Be a great team player, ability to work with a variety of different personalities and be able to track the process/service for each client is being met.
Preferred experience, but not a must:
- Products and service knowledge of telecommunications and technical skills related to RF design and services.
- Demonstrated success in telecommunications sales to end-user customers, including strategic and small to large sized customers using relationship management and system sales concepts
What We Are Looking For:
- This position requires traveling to clients.
- Must be able to communicate verbally, written, face-to-face and over the phone with customers and co-workers.
- Must be an excellent listener with the ability to build successful relationships
- Support others within the sales and service team to achieve customer satisfaction levels.
- Maintain professional relationship with all customers and business partners.
Founded in 1969, today we have 30 locations and 400 employees in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions.
Day Wireless stands by The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which requires us as an employer to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship.
Day Wireless Systems
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?