Director of Finance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Day Wireless Systems is seeking a Director of Finance for our HQ in Milwaukie OR. (Onsite)
*please answer the screening questions so we can get a better understand at a first impression of you!*
We are currently hiring for a Finance Leader – who is driven, strategic and who can help the Accounting and Finance team move forward with policies and procedures. We are seeking a candidate who is ready to accept the challenge of our rapidly growing organization with thoughtful changes and leadership.
The Director will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work hands on in the business and managing of others, while also developing the strategy and systems for the future.
As Director, the candidate provides the leadership and recommended execution necessary to ensure that the company has the proper financial controls, accounting processes, administrative and reporting procedures, and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. This position will provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy as well as overseeing a group of financial individuals. The Director of Finance is responsible for supporting the executive team with key financial information, accounting, reporting, and analysis.
The successful candidate will have 7+ years of accounting and financial experience and ideally in the B2B, communications, telecommunication and or construction industries. Some M & A and/or International experience is a plus as well.
This Director position is responsible for managing the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing. Assures legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations. Identifies and addresses financial risks and opportunities for the company. Supervises financial reporting and budgeting team. Reviews financial reports for ways to reduce costs. Works well with all levels – from executive team, including ownership, VPs and directors to first level employees and assist with developing individual departmental strategic plans. Establishes and maintains the organization's overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. Presents findings and recommendations to executive management and ownership.
- Duties for the Director will include supervising management (Controller, GL Manager) that supervises the accounting staff, overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, implementing financial strategies, engaging with ownership, developing a financial strategy, conducting feasibility studies, monitoring expenditure, overseeing annual insurance, monitoring cash flow, evaluating investments, and managing tax compliance.
- Must have sound financial planning coupled with the ability to direct financial assets to assist our organization in implementing effective financial strategies, managing debt, improving revenue, maintaining a healthy financial position, and enhancing investor confidence.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills.
- The Director will harmonize financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, guide efforts towards financial stability, monitor all financial activities, promote revenue growth, ensure compliance with accounting regulations, and maintain good relationships with our leaders and ownership.
- Additionally, this position will demonstrate commitment to the organization’s mission, vision, and values and work with management to achieve an annual revenue growth.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers, financial software and reporting systems ensuring policies and procedures are in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees an inclusive process to establish an annual operating budget for the organization.
- Provides staff training in the areas of budget development, budget management, fiscal accountability, finance procedures and more.
- Consistently analyzes financial data and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicates monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitors progress and changes and keeps senior leadership abreast of Day Wireless’s financial status.
- Create and develops plans (immediate to long term plans) to address areas of opportunity within the Organization’s financial health and financial processes.
- Manages finance department personnel to include hiring, training, delegation of duties and performance management.
- Participates in weekly leadership meetings to discuss direction of the Organization and present financial data.
- Manages organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with department and subsidiary leaders; collaborates to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Oversees and create where needed the process for identifying and evaluating opportunities for improved financial operations, recordkeeping, and reporting.
- Monitors investment and cash management accounts and work to maximize return on our investments and resources while operating within government regulations.
- Assists resource development leadership in preparing budgets for grant proposals which fit into the organizational strategy.
- Leads organizational planning and development of operating and fund account budgets, and control expenditures against budget.
- Ensures the maintenance of financial records and recordkeeping systems, to ensure compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting practices and contractual requirements.
- Ensures a productive work environment within the finance and accounting function.
- Attends additional committee and board meetings in an advisory capacity when needed.
- Represents the organization as a member of leadership team.
Founded in 1969, today we have 30 locations and 400 employees in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions.
Day Wireless stands by The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which requires us as an employer to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship.
Day Wireless SystemsWhy Work Here?
Fantastic privately owned company, room to grow, team and independent environment - work hard, play hard!
Day Wireless Systems is the largest full-service wireless integrator in the West. We provide design, construction, licensing, sales, service, rentals, installation, and maintenance for a wide range of wireless voice, data, and video applications. Founded in 1969, today we have 30 locations and 400 employees in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions. Day Wireless stands by The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which requires us as an employer to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship.
Finance and Insurance