Candidates that respond to the Pre Screen questions will have first consideration!
Low voltage Technician (with an 06 Low voltage Licenses) for a commercial setting entails repairing, maintaining, designing and installing different kinds of low voltage electrical systems.
In addition, this professional helps determines type and cost of materials required for the projects, ensures specifications and drawings are accurate, reviewing projects and plans, determining layouts and testing electrical systems.
The candidate will also be responsible to retrofit equipment with controls needed to improve the efficiency and performance of the devices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading blue prints, running conduit, wiring devices, troubleshooting, and performing quality control testing.
- Installation of components and connectors (Cat5/6, RF Cabiling, Splitters and Antennas)
- Experienced with grounding systems and equipment.
- Fiber cabling, termination and associates tasks with testing and cleaning procedures.
- Reading and interpreting mechanical, architectural and electrical drawings and code specifications for determining wiring layouts.
- Performing upgrades or preventive maintenance to low voltage electrical control systems.
- Running tests, isolating problems, replacing damaged section of wiring, laying conduit, and performing other tasks as required.
- Work on various projects without supervision.
- Keeping abreast of new technology, electrical services, and manufacturing processes.
Education, Courses & Certification
- Advanced courses that deal with basic electric controls, electrical code and wiring.
- low voltage Journeyman electrician license (WA)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Skills and Specifications
- 5 years minimum of commercial wiring experience with a good knowledge of electrical installations.
- Cell site experience is preferred with the ability to work alone in remote sites.
- Travel to out of town projects is required.
- Proficient in low voltage electrical installation, maintenance and repair in all settings
- Knowledge of electrical tools and machines used in settings
- Should possess strong manual dexterity
- Great eye-hand coordination for working with small wires
- Ability to recognize wires by colors
- Expert communicator and should possess problem solving ability
Day Wireless Systems is the largest full-service wireless integrator in the West. We provide design, construction, licensing, sales, service, rentals, installation, and maintenance for a wide range of wireless voice, data, and video applications.
Founded in 1969, today we have 26 locations and 300 employees in California, Oregon, and Washington. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions.
The team at Day Wireless enjoys competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical/dental, 401K, insurance and paid vacations. Plus, the great combination of a family owned business that offers large company stability with a small company atmosphere.