CANDIDATES THAT ANSWER THE PRE-SCREEN QUESTIONS WILL RECEIVE FIRST CONSIDERATION.
Reliance Connects, a telecom company located in Estacada, Oregon, is seeking a Help-desk Technician to join our ISP Help-desk Team.
This position is responsible for Tier 1 Internet Help-desk support for our customers in Oregon and in Mesquite, NV. Tasks will include identifying, troubleshooting and resolving or escalating client issues and requests. This is a call-center type position where most of the core responsibilities will involve being on the phone troubleshooting DSL and FTTH connection issues. However, there is opportunity to work on other projects and tasks within other IT operational areas.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field incoming calls from customers with the goal to accurately and quickly troubleshoot issues
- Accurately document all calls and activities using ticket system
- Provide an excellent customer service experience for all customers
- Provision customer premise equipment based on order specifications
- Maintain help-desk team documentation when required
- Accurately document and escalate issues to appropriate department
- Computer hardware/software troubleshooting skills
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a team player and work well under pressure
- Basic network troubleshooting experience
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
Education and Work Experience:
- Associate’s degree in computer science related field or equivalent experience or actively enrolled in computer science program
- Prior experience working in customer service and/or technical support
- Must have reliable transportation as time management is key!
Reliance Connects is your local source for superior voice, video, and broadband services. We are your connection to the world for entertainment, information, and communications. Reliance has a 102-year tradition of being your reliable choice for state-of-the-art technological advances.
The team at Reliance Connects enjoys competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical/dental, 401K, insurance and paid vacations. Plus, the great combination of a family owned business that offers large company stability with a small company atmosphere.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."