CANDIDATES THAT ANSWER THE PRE-SCREEN QUESTIONS WILL GET FIRST CONSIDERTION
Service Manager - RF/mobile up-fitting / Electronic communications - comfortable with communication internally and externally!
This role is a great blend between Management and Technician. You will assist in being responsible for the Mobile upfitting/installation and the Radio repair team. There will be lots of communication with Clients, the Team and the Management group.
An ideal candidate will be someone with some supervising experience, training experience and some technicial skills with RF repair, maintenance and installation. Bonus points if you have experience in the mobile upfitting world - but not a requirement.
Assists managing day-to-day activities for a specific service shop location. Works with Service Manager on budget planning and analyzing profits and loss statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working, revenue producing employee. Fills in for manager during scheduled and unscheduled absences. Assists in overseeing the scheduling of customer installation projects and service calls
- Assists in overseeing administrative functions performed at the shop, including: billing, accounts receivable, and time tickets for completed customer work.
- Assists in developing service maintenance opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Assists in overseeing installation and service projects.
- Collaborates with inside and outside sales staff to develop new or ongoing business.
- Accompanies sales staff on customer calls as needed.
- Assists in designing systems to meet customer needs or when preparing project bids.
- Performs customer service work as required.
- Administers various duties to maintain shop building and company vehicles.
- Performs computer service activities and obtains outside service as needed.
Assists with supervising 3 to 20 employees in the shop staff including administrative support, installers, and technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including providing of daily work direction, approving absences or overtime, and recommending or approving personnel actions. Responsibilities also include suggestions in regard to hiring, firing, advancement, and promotion of subordinate staff, which will be given significant weight. Administration of annual performance reviews and authorization of time tickets.
Experience and Education:
- EXPERIENCE WITH RF IS A BIG PLUS!
- A Bachelor's/Associate's degree in business administration or related field is preferred, but not mandatory.
- 2 years in a supervising position - working knowledge of P & L, employee relations, customer interaction - big pluses
- Two (2) or more years of experience in two-way land/mobile radio and/or the wireless is strongly desired
- Experience or knowledge of mobile up-fitting/installation
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, especially Excel.
Day Wireless Systems is the largest full-service wireless integrator in the West and the largest Motorola dealer in the United States. At Day Wireless Systems, we offer the wireless solutions companies need to get ahead;.and stay that way! This can range from complex Motorola radio systems to broadband wireless networks to affordable radio rentals for short term events. We can customize the solutions our customer need, and have relied upon, to stay connected in real time and what it matters most.Founded in 1969, today we have 26 locations and 300+ employees in California, Oregon, and Washington. Day Wireless employees enjoy the opportunity to grow and transfer within our many locations and business divisions and looks to promote from within.
The team at Day Wireless enjoys competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Medical (mostly employer paid - only $25 a month!)
- Company-Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Disability Insurance for employees after 5 years
- Educational Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Short Term Disability, Accident, and Cancer Insurance
- Potential for yearly bonus (based on company profitability)
- 10 paid vacation days the first year with it increasing in increments at major milestones
- 40 hours of sick time
- 8 paid holidays with 1 floating holiday
- Company discounts (Costco, Credit Union, Verizon)
- Growth opportunity through defined career paths
- Contests/activities/accolades/rewards through Employee Appreciation Program
- PLUS, the great combination of a large family owned business that offers financial stability and job security with a small company atmosphere