Quality Assurance Inspector (QA Inspector)
Day Tool &Mfg., Inc. Whitehouse, NJ
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an experienced QA Inspector/Manager to ensure that our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach the consumer. The QA Inspector/Manager, will perform in process inspections, as well as inspect the final product, to make sure it has been manufactured with compliance and meets all customer expectations. A great quality manager is thorough and observant with an eye for detail. They must fully understand the requirements for the product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers as well as the competition. The goal is to help preserve our reputation by ensuring that our products and services are capable to drive sustainable growth.
If you do not have experience using a CMM for in process and final inspection, please do not apply.
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Effectively use and implement current Quality Management System
- Lead the Inspection Department and provide guidance and feedback to the manufacturing floor
- Perform inspection of all manufactured parts to ensure parts meet customer’s specifications and requirements
- Document and complete required paperwork and inspection records
- Maintain inspection tools needed for Company
- Maintain calibration process and ensure calibrations are performed according to Quality Manual
- As necessary, train manufacturing personnel on basic inspection techniques and requirements to perform necessary inspections
- Ensure all required paperwork and inspection records are documented and complete
- Ensure that parts meet the Customers approved design data prior to being shipped
- Ensure that all parts and materials received for use are identified with the applicable part/material designation
- Perform internal audits as necessary
- Third party and Certifying Body Audit lead
- Monitor production procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Inspect final product and compare properties to requirements
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis as needed
- Monitor and record feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met
- Submit detailed reports to appropriate executives
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures
- All other assigned duties as required by the Company and/or management
- Proficient in PC-DIMS Software is a MUST (Please do not apply if you do not have experience with this Software).
- Experience with programming, setup, and operation of CMM’s with PC-DMIS software
- Experience in the aerospace industry and knowledge of Quality Control requirements and/or AS9100 highly preferred
- Proven experience as quality manager
- Must be proficient with inspection tools, measuring techniques and equipment, including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, bore gages, Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), optical comparators, etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and technical data
- Must be experienced inspecting a variety of parts including parts with complex contours to include machined and fabricated parts
- Conscientious and responsible
- A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures
Day Tool &Mfg., Inc.Why Work Here?
Great benefits, open door policy, strong team.
For over 55 years, Day Tool & Mfg. has been manufacturing and offering CAD design assistance of custom machines, precision tooling, stamping dies, special machines and precision machined parts for customers in the aerospace, biotech, biomedical, medical, pharmaceutical, and packaging industries. We are dedicated to providing creative, innovative solutions to manufacturing and design problems.
6 Carman LaneWhitehouse, NJ