IT Support Specialist
Day & Zimmermann Glen Allen, VA
- Posted: September 03, 2021
About SOC, A Day & Zimmermann Company
SOC is an integrated provider of mission support solutions through our global security, operations and maintenance, architecture and engineering, and staffing services to the U.S. Government and commercial clients. Ranked on the global Defense News Top 100 List of defense companies, SOC is owned by Day & Zimmermann, a century-old, family-owned company with a workforce of more than 41,000 around the world. Day & Zimmermann is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by Forbes. https://www.soc-usa.com/about-us
We expect this position will be included in the recent federal Executive Order (EO) and subsequent guidance, requiring federal contractors and employers with more than 100 employees to implement a vaccine mandate; therefore, it is expected that anyone hired into this position will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencement of employment in accordance with the EO and any subsequent guidance, unless an accommodation is legally required.
POSITION IT Support Specialist needed for a full-time, staff opportunity with Day & Zimmermann located in Chantilly, VA. Primarily responsible for end user support, including hardware and software support. The IT Support Specialist will collaborate with other IT team members to ensure the stable operation of the network, server, and workstation environment in support of all employees. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all hardware, software, and related equipment.
The Work You’ll Be Doing:
- Provides support for enterprise and project computer hardware, software, and networked systems. Escalate helpdesk tickets to team members and/or vendors when necessary.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Oversee the daily performance of network and computer systems.
- Work independently, providing training to individuals regarding the technology infrastructure, helping ensure team projects, tasks, and goals are appropriately completed. Perform system upgrades and incorporate new technologies to the infrastructure minimizing effects on the user experience. Proactively identify and recommend improvements for technology systems, processes, and procedures.
- Act as Information System Security Officer (ISSO) or Information System Security Manager (ISSM). Implement and maintain DSS IT security protocols and implement government STIG protocols. Conduct DCSA and other customer security audits.
- Perform the role of Data Custodian responsible for overseeing the handling of personal, protected and other sensitive Information on behalf of Day & Zimmermann and their clients.
- Govern and audit the teams use of documented policies, standard operating procedures and secure practices associated with protecting trusted employee and customer data while complying with data protection principles and contract / regulatory requirements.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- At least 3 years supporting computer server hardware and computer hardware, including desktops and laptops. Familiarity with networking hardware (switches, routers and firewalls).
- Windows 10, Windows 2008 or newer experience, Familiarity with Routers, switches and firewall. Experience with Microsoft Office 2013 and newer.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory and services including DNS and DHCP.
- Strong knowledge of English, including grammar and spelling to accurately communicate and prepare documents. Excellent interpersonal skills to positively engage employees at all levels.
- Experience supporting IT operations for DoD or other Government agencies. Familiarity with Government Risk Management Framework (RMF), STIG, Security controls, NIST 800-53
- Great attitude and team player.
- Successful completion of background screening process.
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field but not required. Military IT experience based on Military Occupational Specialty preferred (e.g. Army 25b).
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a IT administrative environment as desktop, server, network or security administrator.
- A+, N+, MCTS/MCITP preferred, but not required. Must be able to complete Security+ or other certification meeting DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II requirements within 6 months of employment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET security Clearance. TOP SECRET preferred.
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
What’s In It For You?
Candidates that are hired will receive a competitive base salary, 401k, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, parental leave and paid time off.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now! Recruiter: Brenda Preciado
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.Yoh Staffing. Keywords: IT Support Specialist, Location: Glen Allen, VA - 23060
Day & Zimmermann
AddressGlen Allen, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Day & Zimmermann