Day & Zimmermann Hawthorne, NV
- Expired: September 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
About SOC, A Day & Zimmermann Company
SOC is an integrated provider of mission support solutions through our global security, operations and maintenance, architecture and engineering, and staffing services to the U.S. Government and commercial clients. Ranked on the global Defense News Top 100 List of defense companies, SOC is owned by Day & Zimmermann, a century-old, family-owned company with a workforce of more than 41,000 around the world. Day & Zimmermann is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by Forbes. https://www.soc-usa.com/about-us
Accounting Technician is needed for a full-time, staff opportunity with SOC,Â AÂ Day & Zimmermann located in Hawthorne, NV. Accounting Technician is working under the direction of the Sr. Director, O&M Business Management, provides technical accounting services for the Corporation, which are vital to the companyâ€™s financial results.Â Responsible for coordinating, implementing, and processing various functions within the department, including: accounts payable, cash disbursements, cash receipts, bank account reconciliations, business travel arrangements/accounting, tax administration, U.S. Government and internal audits, and golf course accounting.Â Must thoroughly understand all applicable laws and regulations to ensure federal compliance.Â Analyze data and prepare reports for both internal and external financial deliverables.Â
The Work Youâ€™ll Be Doing:
- Coordinate, implement, and process the operations of accounts payable, cash disbursements, cash receipts, bank account reconciliations, business travel arrangements/accounting, tax administration, and golf course accounting.Â Prepare expense statements, vouchers, invoices and disbursements.
- Develop and maintain ledgers; audit requisitions, invoices, receipts and disbursements; develop and maintain accounting records; research, compile and prepare financial data. Administer the Collective Bargaining Agreements as they relate to finance administration. Assist in month-end and year-end financial closeouts.
- Prepare regular and special reports, projections and plans, including work sheets, for any required financial purpose. Provide guidance based on data if appropriate.
- Support the development and maintainance of computer databases used in accounting processes.
- Performs other ad hoc duties as assigned, including payroll support. Responsible for reporting potential real environmental concerns to the Environmental Service.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- A.A. Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field preferred.
- Four (4) years experience in accounting principles and practices.Â Computer accounting experience essential.
- Should be able to obtain and maintain a valid State drivers license unless physically unqualified to obtain such a license.
- Great attitude and team player.
- Successful completion of background screening process.
The Big Picture â€“ Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Knowledge of government contract accounting principles and procedures.Â Recognize and formulate solutions to financial related problems.
- Must be able to prepare and analyze financial reports and statements.Â Technical and narrative writing techniques; time, task and project management; office management and record keeping practices; and statistical and analytical skills.
- Must have knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards and requirements.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work independently or with minimal supervision.Â Must be able to manage multiple tasks and determine proper prioritization; exercise initiative and work under pressure; speak and write in a gramatically correct, effective manner; and draft correspondence.
- Must have statistical and analytical skills with intermediate-level computer skills that include all the Microsoft Office Suite of software, Deltek Costpoint accounting software, and payroll processing software.
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Repetitive motion of any part of the body.
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
Whatâ€™s In It For You?
Candidates that are hired will receive a competitive base salary, 401k, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, parental leave and paid time off.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now! Â Recruiter: Melanie Richert
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Yoh Staffing. Keywords: Accounting Technician, Location: Hawthorne, NV - 89415
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.
Day & Zimmermann
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Day & Zimmermann