Day & Zimmerman New Orleans, LA
- Expired: June 05, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
About SOC, A Day & Zimmermann Company
SOC is an integrated provider of mission support solutions through our global security, operations and maintenance, architecture and engineering, and staffing services to the U.S. Government and commercial clients. Ranked on the global Defense News Top 100 List of defense companies, SOC is owned by Day & Zimmermann, a century-old, family-owned company with a workforce of more than 41,000 around the world. Day & Zimmermann is currently ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by Forbes. https://www.soc-usa.com/about-us
This opportunity is contingent upon a contract award.
Site Manager needed for a full-time staff opportunity with SOC at the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, LA.
The Site Manager at Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) serves as an armed Security Police Officer and is responsible for directing the security workforce of the NASA NPSC-SR effort on site. The Site Manager has full local authority and is integral in overseeing the security operations, training, emergency management, and information assurance on-site to ensure the performance of services. The Site Manager must be a certified Security Police Officer.
The Work Youll Be Doing:
- Provide 24/7 single-point-of-contact accountability and authority for all NPSC-SR contract and performance needs at MAF, returning all calls within 60 minutes
- Provide direct supervision of operations and all required business/administrative services necessary to assure contractor performance under the PWS
- Coordinate security orders and emergency plans, weapons, vehicles, equipment for personnel
- Manage personnel, projects, controls budgets, and monitors operational performance to ensure compliance with NASA orders
- Attend site meetings and other meetings as directed by the CO and COR to discuss contract and business management
- Ensure protective force is qualified, trained, equipped to staff and protect all assets, information, facilities, and personnel per guidelines
- Perform operations and security analysis, performance testing, and effective planning for routine, crisis, and emergency management activities
- Assist in the development of site-specific plans and procedures
- Provide timely reports to the CO and CORs of any condition which may adversely impact contract performance
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelors degree from an institution accredited by the US Department of Education (Degree should be in a related course of study (e.g. Homeland Security, Security Administration, Criminal Justice, etc.)
- 10 Years managing and supervising at least 50 employees, including 30-armed law enforcement personnel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
The Big Picture Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Communicate effectively in oral and written reports
- Effective Leadership and team-building skills
- Ability to supervise subordinates in an effective, professional manner
- Able to meet NASA physical agility standards
Certifications and Training:
- Certifications - Emergency Response Official (ERO); NPSTA certified Security Police Officer
- Training - NBTS, ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-300, ICS-400, IS-700
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery
- The repetitive motion of any part of the body
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
Whats In It For You?
Candidates that are hired will receive a competitive base salary, 401k, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, parental leave, and paid time off.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now!
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated, and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.Yoh Staffing. Keywords: General Manager, Location: New Orleans, LA - 70116
Day & Zimmerman
AddressNew Orleans, LA
Real EstateView all jobs at Day & Zimmerman