Dawson Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DAWSON is a Native Hawaiian Organization 8 (a) small business that brings the Spirit of Aloha to our employees. As part of the Dawson "Ohana", you will be provided a best-in-class benefits program that strives to ensure our great people have peace of mind when it comes to health and wellness. For more information about DAWSON and our benefits programs, please visit www.dawson8a.com
SUMMARY: DAWSON is seeking a Project Manager to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Facilities and Asset Management, Facilities Management and Engineering Directorate with coordination of all real and personal property management functions within CBP, in addition to the related aspects of energy and environmental management, financial management and budgeting, logistical support, building management services, investment planning, and life cycle management of real property. The Project Manager will manage and oversee all aspects of the professional services support project. The successful PM will manage client relationships, schedules, budgets, risk, communication, quality of deliverables, and ensure safe execution of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all matters relating to project performance.
- Coordinates and supervises assigned project staff.
- Generates quality of work product in accordance with company quality control protocols.
- Prepares written reports and other documents necessary for the completion of specific projects.
- Tracks project schedules, budgets, and general profitable, on-time performance.
- Cultivates and maintains the positive relationships with clients and teaming partners.
- Trains and mentors lower-level staff.
- Prepares and/or Supervises the creation of proposals for future work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ensures adherence to all safety practices and procedures while performing or supervising the performance of tasks in all work areas
- Directly and indirectly supervises employees within the department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Have a no less than 10 years of specialized experience managing complex projects.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree (BA) or Master’s Degree in program/project management, engineering, logistics, finance, accounting, or business administration/management disciplines.
- Ability to clear a CBP Background Investigation to obtain a CBP Public Trust.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out established planning, budgeting, and program execution functions for designated projects to ensure program deliverables meet the performance requirements and objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop strategies to attain budget, schedule, and performance goals.
- Manage a multitude of varying, complex projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate and possess expertise and experience in Federal Government operations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to review and edit reports and proposals
- Ability to delegate work and handle multiple projects as well as multiple delegated projects.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus
DAWSON gives preference to Internal Candidates. If no internal candidate meets our qualifications, external candidates will be given consideration.
DAWSON is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConstructionView all jobs at Dawson