Administrative Assistant III
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DAWSON is a Native Hawaiian Organization 8 (a) small business that brings the Spirit of Aloha to our employees. As part of the Dawson "Ohana", you will be provided a best-in-class benefits program that strives to ensure our great people have peace of mind when it comes to health and wellness. For more information about DAWSON and our benefits programs, please visit www.dawsonohana.com.
SUMMARY: Responsible for ensuring day to day office tasks and completion of procedures listed below in a timely and organized manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide administrative support in a variety of functions to an individual, team, department, or another group.
• Prepare detailed administrative, clerical, and project tasks.
• Routes and responds to non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities.
• Provides support for administrative systems, prepares reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials.
• Prepares complex general correspondence; proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout; responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
• Organize and prioritize large volumes of information.
• Maintains and orders office supplies.
• Coordinates direct mailings; sorts and distributes mail.
• Create and maintains database spreadsheets as requested.
• Filing, copying and scanning.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school, or six months to one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
• Minimum of 6 years of previous administrative experience required.
• Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures required.
• May direct and lead the work of others.
• Computer skills required: Proficient in MS Windows®, MS Office® (package), and Adobe® software.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Occasionally required to stand
• Occasionally required to walk
• Continually required to sit
• Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Continually required to talk or hear
• While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision
DAWSON gives preference to Internal Candidates. If no internal candidate meets our qualifications, external candidates will be given consideration.
DAWSON is a federal government contractor and is required to comply with the federal government’s mandate that all employees of federal government contractors may be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
DAWSON is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
BusinessView all jobs at Dawson