Deputy Payload Systems Engineer V&V Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The engineer will support the OSAM-1 Flatsat Test Lead in leading, managing, and executing the system-level build, testing, modification, and operation of the Flatsat testbed. Additional testbeds or flight elements may be utilized.
Job duties include:
- Supports and serves as backup as directed by the Flatsat Testbed Lead.
- Ensure that the quality, accuracy, and integrity of the technical documentation, reports, and deliverables comply with NASA and OSAM-1 standards, project plans, and policies.
- Assess complex issues and recommend resolution to the team and management; implement resolutions.
- Authors Testbed Electrical Integration procedure utilizing safe-to-mate, functional, and Testbed certification procedures written by others in the Testbed EE team. Ensure these procedures are completed and released in TDMS by deadline set by Flatsat Testbed Lead. Deputy Lead to relay questions or issues to Testbed Lead throughout development.
- Supports Flatsat Testbed Lead in the development, drafting, and release of the Flatsat Electrical Interconnect Drawing.
- Monitor harness development and builds as it pertains to Flatsat. Participate in drawing reviews and managing priority with Testbed EE/SW Lead. Ensure harness fabrication and delivery meets schedule set by Testbed Lead.
- Formulate test plans and procedures; identify requirements to be validated and/or verified during the test.
- Coordinates and leads the Test Readiness Review Process for Certified Tests with Test Lead per designation.
- Coordinate with the OSAM-1 integration and test team to ensure test readiness.
- Manages and documents the Testbed Configuration; ensures Testbed configurations will support tests as defined in test documentation and certifies the Testbed for use.
- Reports Testbed schedule changes to Flatsat Testbed Lead.
- Generate Work Order Authorization (WOA) documents for work on the testbed as assigned by the Flatsat Testbed Lead and Flatsat Testbed Activities.
- Execute Work Orders on-site in the Flatsat Testbed which include Receiving and Acceptance (R&A) hardware, hardware integration, performing electrical and mechanical integration activities, running functional tests, and testbed certifications.
- Oversees and/or executes the R&A Process for Testbed deliverables, Testbed configuration changes, functional tests, and certifications.
- Coordinates the near term deliveries of items to the Testbed with the PDLs in accordance with the IMS.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or closely related field, with 7+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in engineering of aerospace systems.
- Experience with hardware integration and test, system verification and validation, and/or electrical engineering, preferably in the aerospace industry.
- Experience in authoring and maintaining technical documentation.
- Proficiency in resolving technical and schedule issues in order to ensure that deliverables are met on schedule.
- Ability to obtain/maintain NASA Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) certification (GSFC-SH-ESDCO300 300-PG-8730.6.1A*). English proficiency is required to successfully complete the required training and pass testing (written and/or hands-on) to obtain NASA ESD certification.
- Experience working with Flatsat hardware and/or performing flight or GSE testing using Flatsat systems.
- Experience with NASA (GSFC preferred) mission life cycle and review cycle (design reviews, requirements reviews, integration reviews, trade studies, etc.).
- Experience with robotic systems or complex mechanisms.
- Experience in system integration and testing of electrical systems for space applications (e.g. spacecraft, flight instruments, launch vehicles).
- Experience in requirements development, validation, and verification.
- Experience in designing tests (of varying scales and fidelity) that help validate a design or verify a set of requirements.
- Proficiency in exercising discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential approaches and solutions to critical problems and determining appropriate resolutions.
- Skilled in troubleshootin
Davis Strategic Innovations
TechnologyView all jobs at Davis Strategic Innovations