Davis Reeder Hall DVM PLC Annandale, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 Hourly
The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician is vital member of the Treatment Team. They support the Licensed Veterinary Technicians and the Veterinarians with patient care by filling medication requests for hospitalized patients, appointment instructions, and preventatives to be mailed.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- In-patient & Appointment Pharmacy: Assistant treatment team and doctors with dispensing medication and injectables for hospitalized patients or scheduled appointment services. Assess priority of requests as received; handling each request with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Administrative: Maintain cleanliness and organization of the pharmacy workspace and medication stock. Rotate stock to maintain FIFO (first in, first out) order. Receive shipments, cross reference invoices, and correctly put away orders. Maintain client/patient records (Cornerstone). Communicate with hospital and administrator and pharmacy director for concerns, errors, or pharmacy needs.
- Online Pharmacy: Receive online pharmacy requests for medication and food. Verify medical chart information and coordinate doctor approval, fill medication and notify client of order status and pick up instructions. Accurately address client packages for mailed medications.
- Client Care: Answer client calls and emails- answer questions related to patient history, prescription refills and directions, account balances, and payment options. Assist clients picking up medication, process payment transactions via credit card, cash, or insurance payment.
- Pharmacy Technician may also work shifts as a vet assistant: utilizing proper and safe handling techniques to hold cats and dogs during procedures, assisting LVTs and Veterinarians in the treatment room by completing blood draws, preparing and completing lab work, monitoring patients during surgical procedures, collecting samples from the animals, and preparing vaccines, conduct rounds on hospitalized animals, completing nursing/assisting care as needed, updating medical records through the patient file system (Cornerstone).
- Occasional support of hospital pets with Kennel Maintenance: cleaning kennels/runs/crates, washing/drying food and water dishes, washing/drying bedding and towels, sweeping/mopping of treatment room. Walking hospitalized animals; picking up and mopping of animal waste from runs/crates and dog walk area.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking skills, and precision are a requirement for success as a pharmacy technician.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and respond with a sense of urgency, perform work duties with initiative and commitment to high standards.
- Enthusiasm for team work- possessing a strong work ethic with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn and perform a variety of tasks to contribute to overall team success. Work independently on tasks as assigned.
- Dedication to excellent customer service and animal welfare. Treat all patients, clients, and hospital/kennel staff with respect and compassion.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Availability to work weekends and all major holidays.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30lbs; work involves continual walking and standing throughout shift; physical demands include walking, standing, bending, reaching, stooping, and kneeling, repetitive use of arms, hands, wrists, and fingers to type, write, handle medication, and office supplies.
- Must be at least 18 years or older; high school level education or equivalent.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Previous Work Experience:
- Veterinary, reception or treatment experience: 6 months (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time available
Schedule/Availability: Flexible availability to work shifts as needed.
- Town and Country Full-Time shifts: open availability 7am-9pm (Sunday to Sunday) and two weekends a month
- Columbia Pike Emergency Center Full-Time shifts: open availability 8am-10pm (Sunday through Saturday) and two weekends a month, Overnight open availability 10pm to 7am (Sunday through Saturday) and two weekends a month.
- Both Locations: Part-time must be available to work at least three days a week, three weekends a month
- Weekend and holiday availability is required!
Salary: Starting rate of pay $13 per hour, pay rate commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K, Employee Discount for Pet Care.
Davis Reeder Hall DVM PLC
HealthcareView all jobs at Davis Reeder Hall DVM PLC