This job is located in Tukwila, WA.
Primary Purpose of Position:
To be an active member of the agency account team, support our global and national retail clients at the local and regional level.
Owns, plans and implements public relations programs for clients through a broad spectrum of public relations and marketing communications activities.
Candidate will be responsible for handling day-to-day needs for one or more accounts, while working within a team of two or more, and reporting to and supporting the strategic direction of the VP of Public Relations and Communications.
You are an Experienced Professional in the Following Areas:
- Social media/modern-day influencer engagement
- Storytelling/media relations
- Experiential marketing/field activations
- Events/community engagement
- Crisis management/reputation management
Major Duties of Position:
- Supports (regional) client initiatives through pubic relations strategies and tactics
- Includes but is not limited to: Events, promotions, media stunts, influencer engagement and social media campaigns
- Prepares and develops public relations programs under the strategic direction of supervisor
- Includes but is not limited to editorial calendar management, media storytelling, “desk-sides” and product delivery
- Maintains contact with clients, media and outside vendors, as assigned
- May manage/supervise a public relations intern
- Keeps track of budgets and manages monthly billing reconciliation
- Handles other administrative duties as assigned
- Keeps supervisor apprised of activities and performs other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Possesses:
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field, or a strong combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years in-market (NW) public relations experience
- Marketing/advertising agency experience
- A robust list of local media and social influencer contacts
- On-call crisis management experience with an understanding of how to act swiftly, remain calm and mitigate damaging impact
Additional Experience a Plus:
- QSR, CPG or Retail client experience
- Co-op/franchise client experience
- Event marketing experience
- Social media management experience/certification and/or CMS experience