We are looking for the best of the best! We are a well-respected and established independent adjusting firm that takes pride in doing things the right way and we're seeking an experienced Independent Insurance Adjuster with the ability to handle property and casualty claims in Indiana and Illinois. If you are looking to join a group of real professionals to handle complex claims for exacting clients, we may be a perfect fit.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance working in the field and the office with the ability to stay in touch. Due to the nature of claims handling working after hours, weekends and holidays may be necessary.
We need a dedicated individual with strong computer skills and an ability to work efficiently to handle claims in a timely manner. The ability to deal with insurance companies, clients, contractors, etc. professionally and politely is required.
Well-qualified individuals will be able to use Microsoft Office, File Management Software, Email, and Xactimate. He or she will have the ability to take measurements, digital photographs, voice recorded and written statements is also necessary. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are very important.
- Inspect property damage and determine extent of damages
- Scene Inspections
- Communicate with insureds, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, etc.
- Statement taking
- Photographing damage and scenes
- Captioning photos and preparing written reports
- Scanning and downloading/uploading multiple document types
- Request police, medical, fire records, etc.
- Negotiate to settle claims
- Follow specific claims handling guidelines set by insurance companies
- Give policyholders and claimants prompt, knowledgeable service as well as courteous, fair and objective treatment
- Comply with all local, state, and federal privacy and information security laws
- Have reliable transportation with a valid driver's license and insurance
- Be willing to submit to a background check
- Assist other adjusters as needed
We are looking primarily for full time multi-line adjusters but will consider those looking for part time positions or with property or casualty only experience. This position is for our Illinois territory which may include parts of Indiana, Michigan and Kentucky. We pay a competitive commission structure plus a base salary. A productive adjuster can expect to be paid $70,000 to $80,000 per year.
We set ourselves apart by hiring experienced and dedicated claims professionals. Our staff averages 25 years in the claims business. Most of that experience was gained as claims representatives for insurance carriers so we understand the needs of our clients. Only through that experience can we actively anticipate those questions that need answering to move a claim toward successful resolution.
These days many adjusting firms are no more than slick marketing agencies that actually do not handle your claims but instead subcontract them to others with little experience. Do you know who is handling your claim and what their experience is? With Davis Claims Service you can be certain that your claims will be handled by us. Rest easy knowing that we are here and ready to respond to your needs on short notice, not out of state chasing the latest storm. Furthermore, our exacting nature will not allow us to compromise on quality and promise what we cannot deliver. For that reason our territory for most claims is limited to Indiana and Illinois though we do cover the greater Midwest region for large and complex claims.