Working as a member of a payroll team, you will process full cycle payroll on a semi-monthly basis for specific locations and employees across Alberta.
The Payroll Technician is responsible for:
- Compiling and calculating payroll data for salary, hourly and commission employees
- Extracting timeclock reports and reviewing for completeness and accuracy
- Processing full cycle payroll, ensuring all data files are complete for transmission to the bank
- Investigating and resolving payroll issues with management at various operating locations
- Ensuring the timely processing of journal entries into the accounting system.
- Preparing reconciliations for payroll accounts
- Preparing and submitting payroll deductions and remittances on a timely basis and ensuring all records are up to date