Do you have a desire to maintain a safe and secure environment? Join our team as a security officer and utilize your excellent conflict management skills to handle any disturbances that might occur, be they altercations, unapproved guests or theft. You will use your strong attention to detail as you monitor guests and employees as they enter and leave the premises while also regularly reviewing security monitors and walking along the grounds to discover any potential issues. Foster team unity as you work closely with other members of the security staff and develop a rapport with the rest of the personnel as you keep them safe. Your strong communication skills will also be exercised as you greet visitors to the building.
- Investigate potential security breaches, including answering any alarms, to ensure the safety of the grounds.
- Protect the property and ensure that only authorized employees and guests enter the premises to reduce the risk of theft and other disturbances.
- Oversee the entrance of employees and request any guests to sign in and out as a further safeguard for the property.
- Walk around the property and inspect areas to ensure it remains in order and there is no damage to property.
- Monitor surveillance equipment to support other security measures in place to maintain a safe and secure working environment for employees.
- Coordinate with law enforcement and first responders when needed, including calling them in the case of an emergency.
- Fill out daily reports that detail any irregularities that occurred to ensure a solid documentation of all activities on the premises.
- Hold any suspicious or unauthorized persons until management or law enforcement officers arrive to take over the situation.
Jobs Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years' experience in security or similar work
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven problem-solving and conflict management skills