Davidson's Organics Sparks, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
- Benefits: medical,
You have the right attitude and the willingness to integrate a dynamic and hardworking team. You are a leader and know how to motivate and bring the best out of your crew. You are a professional, organized and detail oriented individual. You value hard work and dedication. Most of all, you are ready to accept responsibilities, new challenges and you want to grow within our food company. We are currently experiencing a strong and steady growth in the food industry. Our medium size business allows for flexibility and personalized interaction. Promotion and advancement will come as our business keeps expanding. Moreover, this is for someone looking for a loyal permanent home in a small family owned business.
Lead and actively participate in production operations (scheduling to execution) to ensure orders are produced timely and efficiently.
Oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
Control production costs while monitoring the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
Ensure production team operates machinery safely while effectively and efficiently working within the guidelines of the food safety policies and procedures.
Promotes a clean, safe, and environmentally compliant department for team members.
Responsible for the proper care and maintenance of all equipment, reporting equipment problems, and adherence to the preventative maintenance program.
Communicate and implement policies and procedures; leads by example for the rest of the team.
Monitor product standards and operate within the framework of existing quality-control programs (HACCP, GMP, Sanitation standards etc.) in a typical food based environment.
Assist in selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of non-exempt hourly employees.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Standing, walking, bending, climbing, and stretching are required for extended periods during the day.
• Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Strong people skills with an outgoing, friendly, positive attitude.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Able to handle multiple competing tasks and priorities, and perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision, reliable and punctual.
• Basic computer skills and calculation skills.
• Able to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, holidays) as and when required.
• Previous experience of minimum 2-3 years, leading production or operational processes in a similar work environment.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Medical insurance, vacation days, sick days and bank holidays;
- Hourly pay depending on experience
ManufacturingView all jobs at Davidson's Organics