Accounting Analyst- Classified Exempt
David Douglas School District Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,285 to $75,711 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, dental, life insurance, medical,
CLASSIFIED - EXEMPT ACCOUNTING ANALYST - 2 POSITIONS
Schedule: 8 hours per day / 12 months per year, 260 / 260 days per year
Class: Classified Exempt-EX 1 $65,285 and benefits
Start Date: As soon as possible
This position accounts for the District’s revenues and related expenditures for various federal and state grants, and certain other restricted resources. The position is also responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger balance sheet accounts, preparation of required reports and financial analysis and the support of other Business Office areas as directed by Business Office administration.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Account for multiple funds for the District including federal, state and local grants
- Prepare and monitor grants budgets
- Ability to prepare and run general ledger reports, review general ledger for accuracy/completeness, and prepare adjusting journal entries for supervisor review and general ledger posting
- Balance and reconcile bank accounts and prepare reports on outstanding checks
- Maintain the chart of accounts as directed by management
- Prepare documents for audits, answer questions regarding accounting procedures and requirements
- Prepare complex financial, statistical, and management reports such as financial summaries, reimbursement claims, cost analyses for program areas such as the District's Bond/construction projects or Title I comparability
- Balance, reconcile and track various bond/capital project budgets by project and prepare monthly budget to actual expenditure reports by project and other ad hoc reports
- Develop a working relationships with project management, contractors, and district staff
- Maintain fixed asset accounting and depreciation schedules for year end and CAFR preparation
- Assist with external audit and CAFR preparation
- Attend and/or coordinate District meetings such as with the Bond Oversight Committee or District grant program managers
- Works as part of a cross-functional team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related area required.
- Three years of governmental accounting experience preferred. Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices of accounting and sound knowledge of regulations and procedures affecting public administrative bodies such as Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB) statements, and 2CFR200 or OMB Omni Circular/Super Circular
- General accounting experience should include processing complex financial transactions, recordkeeping and preparation of financial reports
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to apply, interpret, and explain relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies. Experience with Federal and state grant requirements and governmental accounting preferred
- Ability to locate, retrieve, verify, and interpret moderately complex financial records
- Advanced computer skills including use of enterprise resource planning software such as Infinite Visions and Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word) required; ability to operate telephone, calculator, copier and other office equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information related to personnel, district financial, and other legal matters
- Ability to post data and make mathematical computations rapidly and accurately Ability to work independently, to follow oral and written direction, and to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines while maintaining high degree of accuracy and attention to detailAbility to analyze financial, budgetary, operational and organizational issues, evaluate alternatives and reach sound, logical, fact-based conclusions; prepare complex analysis and reports; and develop, implement, and maintain plans and procedural systems and controls. Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with district personnel
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Light to moderate degree of physical stamina, with occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Ability to move freely around the office, making frequent trips from desk to counter, files and other locations within the department. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, as well as frequent standing, walking, and bending. Ability to use telephone, computer, and other office equipment for extended periods of time.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's Policy on Evaluation.
The David Douglas School District welcomes applications from candidates that expand the District's diversity.
Multi-Cultural preferred. Bi-Lingual candidate preferred.
Apply at: https://daviddouglas.schoolrecruiter.net
External Applicant Instructions:
If you are an External Applicant applying for a position, you will complete the EXTERNAL TalentEd application. Please see link above.
David Douglas School District Drug Testing and Criminal Background check
Per district policy all offers of employment shall be contingent upon the successful passing of a district required drug test and criminal background check. David Douglas School District’s Human Resources will designate where and when the testing will be conducted. The offer of employment will be withdrawn from candidates who test positive for drugs.
11300 NE Halsey St
Portland, OR 97220
David Douglas School DistrictWhy Work Here?
David Douglas School District - District Office 11300 NE Halsey St Portland, OR 97220
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at David Douglas School District