Amazing, Small Consulting Firm Seeks Consulting Rock Star
**NOTE: To apply for this job you MUST apply on the website noted at the end of this post. Applying on ZipRecruiter or via email won't win you this great job; you have to apply at our website.***
Are you a well-trained, smart, personable, highly competent consultant or coach? Do you love consulting and the business of consulting? Do you want to work in an entrepreneurial environment and learn from an industry leader?
We are a small, dynamic, fun, fast-paced consulting firm that’s looking for an A+ player who can chip in as a team player on our team while commanding confidence and respect from clients.
We’re looking for a Principal— a consulting superstar who can work hand in hand with our owner to deliver outstanding client results and an extraordinary experience to our clients.
If you’re the right person, then you like being on the front lines and interfacing with clients. You’ve spent time in leadership at a consulting firm so that other firm’s leaders will know you’ve walked in their shoes. You love to learn and apply great frameworks. You’re 100% dedicated to knocking your clients’ socks off with the value you provide. And, you want to be part of a small, high-powered team.
Sound good so far? Then keep reading.
A Principal is a client-facing position that supports a Partner (in this case, the owner) across all aspects of client engagements. In many cases a Principal is the lead consultant for a client, handling 90%+ of the interaction. This role includes:
- Leading coaching/advisory sessions with solo consultants
- Supporting the firm’s work with boutique consulting firms
- Responding to ad hoc client requests
- Analyzing client information (processes, websites, public information) and developing a concise, insightful assessment of the client’s position in the market place, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities
- Analyzing financial information and using all available data to fill in a standardized analysis
- Conducting interviews of clients’ personnel and clients’ customers, and analyzing and summarizing the learning from interviews
- Participating in work sessions with boutique consulting firms
- Developing summaries and presentations after client work sessions
- Developing recommendations and plans for clients, based on an analysis of client situations and following the owner’s IP and guidance
- Staying abreast of the owner’s IP
- Helping advance the owner’s IP and products
Still sound good? We think so. There are some requirements you should be aware of:
- Once travel restrictions are lifted, the position will involve occasional overnight travel. Historically, the position involved 3-4 overnights per month, though this may change going forward.
- Aside from travel, this is a work at home position.
- You must have an office environment that is conducive to work, including phone calls with clients. (No loud children, dogs, etc. in the background.)
- You also must have a computer, phone and other infrastructure appropriate for conducting professional work.
SUPER IMPORTANT. READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING:
To qualify for the Principal position, you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in consulting and/or coaching.
- You have been in a role with revenue-generating responsibilities for at least 2 years.
- You have conducted at least 50 one-on-one coaching sessions
What else are we looking for?
- Express concepts clearly
- Excellent coaching skills
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent note-taker
- Ability to self-manage and work in a remote environment
- Excellent time/management skills
- Excel and Powerpoint proficiency
- Strong writing skills
- IT literacy
- Good group facilitation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong presentation-building skills
- Strong secondary research skills, and ability to synthesize data into a cohesive story
- Positive, can-do, overall attitude
- High energy level
- Willing to do whatever it takes to meet client obligations
- Happy to be part of the team, not the leader of the team
- Poised, particularly when challenged by senior executives
- Enjoys research and doing “deep dives” into information
- Wants to be part of a very small team
- Will commit 100% to the firm
- Highly organized
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment without support staff
Experience Bonuses (helpful, but not necessary)
- Full-time, salaried experience (i.e., not as a contractor) in a boutique consulting firm that had between 10 and 200 employees.
- Revenue-generating (i.e., business development) responsibilities at a boutique consulting firm that had between 10 and 200 employees.
- Firm-management responsibilities at a boutique consulting firm that had between 10 and 200 employees
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
This position will be the best consulting job you’ll ever have. You’ll be working hand-in-hand with an industry thought leader, solving interesting problems with great clients, and enjoying the role of an expert that clients look up to.
Plus, you have no sales obligations or quotas to worry about.
Of course, the money’s good too. We also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, which can include health benefits.
Still interested? Great! Here’s your next steps:
1) BEFORE you do anything else, re-read this job posting twice and make sure it fits who you are and who you want to be. Double-check the experience requirements and make sure you qualify.
2) If you see yourself as a great candidate to become a Principal with David A. Fields, then please visit https://davidafields.com/principal.
Company Description: David A. Fields is a high-profile advisor to small consulting firms. David has been a consultant since 1997, and founded Ascendant Consulting in 2005. Around 2012, David’s focus transitioned to small consulting firms.
Most of our work is either, 1) Helping build a consulting firm’s rainmaking teams and capabilities, or 2) Helping identify and support a firm increase bottom-line profit.
Language: Native speaker of English as first language
Compensation: Competitive salary and very high bonus potential.
Again, if you believe you’re a great candidate to become a Principal with David A. Fields, then please visit https://davidafields.com/principal.
Plus, you have no sales obligations or quotas to worry about.
Most of our work is either, 1) Helping build a consulting firm’s rainmaking teams and capabilities, or 2) Helping identify and support a consulting firm's path to increase bottom-line profit.