Amazing, Small Consulting Firm Seeks Consulting Rock Star
**NOTE: To apply for this job you MUST apply on the website noted at the end of this post. Applying on ZipRecruiter or via email won't win you this great job; you have to apply at our website.***
Are you a well-trained, smart, personable, highly competent consultant? Do you love consulting and the business of consulting? Do you want to work in an entrepreneurial environment and learn from an industry leader?
We are a small, dynamic, fun, fast-paced consulting firm that’s looking for an A+ player who can chip in as a team player on our team while commanding confidence and respect from clients.
We’re looking for a Principal—a consulting superstar who can work hand in hand with our owner to deliver outstanding client results and an extraordinary experience to our clients.
If you’re the right person, then you like being on the front lines and interfacing with clients. You’ve spent time in leadership at a consulting firm so that other firm’s leaders will know you’ve walked in their shoes. You love to learn and apply great frameworks. You’re 100% dedicated to knocking your clients’ socks off with the value you provide. And, you want to be part of a small, high-powered team.
Sound good so far? Then keep reading.
A Principal is a client-facing position that supports a Partner (in this case, the owner) across all aspects of client engagements. In many cases a Principal leads critical, client touchpoints. This role includes:
- Analyzing client information (processes, websites, public information) and developing a concise, insightful assessment of the client’s position in the marketplace, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities
- Analyzing financial information and using all available data to fill in a standardized analysis
- Conducting interviews of clients’ personnel and clients’ customers, and analyzing and summarizing the learning from interviews
- Participating in- or facilitating work sessions with clients
- Developing summaries and presentations after client work sessions
- Developing recommendations and plans for clients, based on an analysis of client situations and following the owner’s IP and guidance
- Leading coaching sessions with clients
- Responding to ad hoc client requests
- Staying abreast of the owner’s IP
- Helping advance the owner’s IP and products
Still sound good? We think so. There are some requirements you should be aware of:
- This position involves occasional overnight travel. Plan on averaging 3-4 overnights per month, though this will vary. Aside from travel, this is a work at home position.
- You must have an office environment that is conducive to work, including phone calls with clients. (No loud children, dogs, etc. in the background.)
- You also must have a computer, phone and other infrastructure appropriate for conducting professional work
SUPER IMPORTANT. READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING:
To qualify for the Principal position, you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in consulting
- You have worked at least 2 years in a full-time, salaried position (i.e., not as a contractor) for a boutique consulting firm that had between 10 and 200 employees. (Note, contractor positions DO NOT COUNT for this qualification.)
- Your experience at a boutique consulting firm included at least one year with revenue-generating (i.e., business development) responsibilities.
- Your experience at a boutique consulting firm included at least one year must be with firm-management responsibilities.
What’s In It For You???
This position will be the best consulting job you’ll ever have. You’ll be working hand-in-hand with an industry thought leader, solving interesting problems with great clients, and enjoying the role of an expert that clients look up to.
Plus, you have no sales obligations or quotas to worry about.
Of course, the money’s good too. The Principal position pays $120-150,000 per year, depending on your qualifications and performance. We also offer a very competitive benefits package, including health benefits.
Still interested? Great! Here’s your next steps:
1) BEFORE you do anything else, re-read this job posting twice and make sure it fits who you are and who you want to be. Double-check the experience requirements and make sure you qualify.
2) If you see yourself as a great candidate to become a Principal with David A. Fields, then please visit https://davidafields.com/principal.
Company Description: David A. Fields is a high-profile advisor to small consulting firms. David has been a consultant since 1997, and founded Ascendant Consulting in 2005. Around 2012, David’s focus transitioned to small consulting firms.
Most of our work is either, 1) Helping build a consulting firm’s rainmaking teams and capabilities, or 2) Helping identify and support approaches for a consulting firm to increase bottom-line profit.
Language: Native speaker of English as first language
Compensation: $120-150,000 full time equivalent. (Since this is an independent contractor position, there are no health benefits.)
Again, if you believe you’re a great candidate to become a Principal with David A. Fields, then please visit https://davidafields.com/principal.