We are conducting a search for a Controls Engineer. The position requires experience with leading-edge precision machine tools and solutions – providing superior products, engineering, automation, parts and service. The position supports the custom solutions department. This role involves designing electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic options for ongoing technology development, troubleshooting existing electrical control equipment, and designing the architecture for future machine options. Provides technical assessments for projects and provides solutions while working closely with engineering groups and 3rd party suppliers. Strong communication and disciplined organizational skills are critical in this collaborative environment, as well as a passion for commercializing next-gen, high impact technologies to the industry.
- Provide hardware design as required for controls systems including power distribution, electromagnetics, I/O requirements, communication requirements, field wiring, fluid requirements
- Provide software design as required for controls systems including PLC logic development, PC based control programming and HMI development
- Perform pre-approval checks on hardware and software designs
- Provide start-up/debug assistance during build
- Lead or assist on special projects to determine, develop and implement new technologies for future growth in capabilities and offerings
- Develop new applications and test procedures; ensure conformity to standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements; and that they are under configuration control
- Maintain engineering data, documentation and/or drawings. Ensure designs and data/analyses/drawings are accurate, integrated, clearly communicated and complete
- Review and prepare reports, proposals, and presentations analyzing customer technical requirements and recommend solutions beneficial to the customer
- Provide technical guidance to personnel involved in developing design approaches. Review and correct drawings to ensure proper engineering techniques. Support day-to- day operations
- Work with team to develop standard methods and designs for better efficiency and operation.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical, Control Systems Engineering, or related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong ability to troubleshoot controls and electrical problems
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Fanuc Controls both CNC and Robot
- Experience with standardize product development
- Project management experience
- Background of machine electrical design and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of NFPA79, CE, RIA, and other industrial standards
- Experienced with machine safety standards
- Knowledge of Solid works
Our very high completion rate and the strong level of repeat business from our major clients are our best references. Working in partnership with our clients, we track down and attract the leaders in the corporate world. We seek only those who are effective in what they do and are marked out as achievers in their field. In an increasingly competitive marketplace for top-caliber talent, Davalyn Corporation offers results-driven professional recruiting services to help our clients thrive.