- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Longshot Hospitality is now hiring a Sous Chef for Dauphine’s, located in Midtown Center Washington, DC. Opened in May of 2022, we are expanding our team of dedicated, talented restaurant professionals invested in providing an outstanding dining experience built around world class food and hospitality. If you are committed to leading and working alongside a team in the pursuit of achieving restaurant excellence, we would love to meet you.
Dauphine’s is a New Orleans inspired restaurant seen through the lens of Mid Atlantic Products. Dauphine’s offers seating for guests at both inside and outside dining rooms. The spacious multi-level interior features both a raw bar and a boucherie (our Louisiana inspired take on our house charcuterie program) under a fanciful wrought-iron pavilion, which also houses an elegant cocktail bar. Second floor seating above the mezzanine provides a dramatic view of the dining room below; for fresh-air cocktails, an outdoor bar serves the patio lounge and dining area.
The beverage program evokes the city that actually invented the cocktail. Dauphine’s went straight to the source, joining forces with proprietor (and Dauphine’s partner) Neal Bodenheimer of Cure Co., New Orleans’ acclaimed cocktail-focused hospitality group whose eponymous flagship, Cure, was the 2018 winner of the James Beard Award for Outstanding Cocktail Program.
Dauphine’s is the newest restaurant concept from Long Shot Hospitality, the team behind Washington, D.C.’s beloved restaurant, The Salt Line. Led by critically acclaimed Chef Kristen Essig, Dauphine’s is inspired by the playful spirit and iconic cuisine of New Orleans.
The menu at Dauphine’s pays homage to the diverse cultural influences and rich culinary traditions of New Orleans, a city Chef Essig called home for over two decades. Chef Essig’s menu, developed alongside Chef and Long Shot Hospitality Partner Kyle Bailey, utilizes Mid-Atlantic ingredients to prepare classic Louisiana dishes like Seafood Gumbo, Blackened Bluefish Creole, and Trout Amandine. An extensive raw bar and boucherie program, complete with seafood towers and house-made charcuterie rounds out the menu.
Our restaurant is a fully "from-scratch" kitchen, working with local farmers, fishers, oystermen and foragers. A dedicated pastry team (helmed by Pastry Chef Joy Razzo) executes all bread, pastry and ice cream production. Whole animal butchery is the core of our boucherie program lead by our CDC, Douglas Alexander.
Reviewed by Tom Siestsma, (you read about us here.....https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/dauphines-restaurant-review/2021/06/10/9288ea74-c6f4-11eb-a11b-6c6191ccd599_story.html ) we believe that we are a strong organization and are looking to increase our ability to serve more guests while supporting a healthy work culture.
Dauphine's is a high volume, busy restaurant. We are open 7 days a week for dinner service and happy hour with Lunch service Monday through Friday and Brunch service on Sundays. We are closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
We are seeking a dedicated, experienced, and confident team player. Having a true appreciation for providing, improving and contributing to a dynamic and respectful kitchen is our only steadfast requirement.
• Be a part of a growing restaurant group during an exciting new opening
• Competitive pay
• Company health care plan
• 1+ years Sous Chef/Lead Line Cook experience in an upscale/fine dining, high volume setting
• Confident grasp of a busy & focused back of house service.
• Help with establishing and require adherence to the Department of Health sanitation and food handling guidelines
• Willing to invest in personal contributions to menus and daily specials
• Emotional self-awareness, with a clear understanding of guest and staff boundaries
• Ability to assist with organizing inventory, counting daily inventory and working with staff to create organized ordering protocols
• Confident with multitasking and ability to recognize & implement problem-solving skills
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Passion for both personal and team success, and an uncompromising commitment to excellence
• Team oriented and positive mindset
• Open availability
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds.
Please submit a resume along with a cover letter, explaining why you think you would make a good member of our team.
For more information, follow @Dauphinesdc on Twitter and Instagram or visit https://www.dauphinesdc.com More detail about Dauphine's part of Long Shot Hospitality, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/283898-dauphines
Get fresh Sous Chef jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.