On-Call Operations Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, located across from the Ellipse and near the White House, seeks an On-Call Operations Manager to assist with events in Constitution Hall. Constitution Hall is a National Historic Landmark which has featured performances by major singers, bands, comedians, orchestras, speakers, and instrumentalists for 93 years. The newly renovated Hall also hosts numerous television specials, gala dinners, ceremonies and even syndicated game shows.
This position will provide technical support to all events, meet with the licensee to plan and coordinate technical aspects of the event, oversee move-in, set-up, event and move-out and ensure that clients will adhere to set rules and regulations. This includes providing general supervision to contracted services (i.e. ushers, security, stagehands). The Operations Manager will also assist in the coordination of the maintenance, renovation, repair, and cleaning of the building, and operates HVAC units, in coordination with building engineer.
This position will assist the Technical Director with the control and maintenance of the lighting, sound and video systems and will perform the duties of the Technical Director and Event Coordinator as needed.
- Must have four years of strong experience in either a regional theater, a member of a road crew, event production, or operations; technical planning experience in a concert hall environment required.
- Must be available to work an unconventional work schedule (non-regular hours), including nights, weekends and holidays throughout the year based on the schedule of events. Punctuality is absolutely essential and will be key to successfully performing duties.
- Must be able to operate simple sound system and stage lighting systems.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of Follow Spotlights.
- Must have ability to set up and operate house video system and video cameras.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Occasional light-medium lifting (up to 30 pounds) and ladder climbing to replace bulbs etc. Must be able to work at heights up to 26' in manlift. Frequently requires long periods of standing and walking during site visits and events.
In order to be considered, please submit a cover letter, which should contain your salary requirements, and resume.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Daughters of the American Revolution
BusinessView all jobs at Daughters of the American Revolution