RN/LPN - Unit Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
CLINICAL UNIT COORDINATOR
Reports To: Director of Nursing Works closely with: ADON
Supervises: Nursing Assistants, Meal Assistants and Transportation Aides
Education: Must hold a current nursing license with the Indiana State Board of Nurses' Registration and Nursing Education.
Licensure: State of Indiana Nursing License
Experience: At least one year of experience working in a hospital or long-term care facility is desired. Must possess competence in basic clinical practice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Must be able to endure at least 70% to 100% of scheduled shift requiring physical demands including but not limited to: standing, walking, climbing (1ft. to 4ft.), stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling and lifting (maximum of 100lbs utilizing appropriate lift equipment). Must follow guidelines to seek assistance if documented assist of 2 is needed.
2. Must know how to care for and use equipment in an efficient and safe manner, and continuously be alert to hazards.
3. Must be constantly attentive to patients' needs.
4. Must be able to work well with others and possess the ability to be a strong team leader.
5. Must maintain a professional approach with confidentiality.
6. All job duties are expected to be completed in accordance with the mission and values of the Daughters of Charity.
Summary of Duties:
Coordinates the daily activities of the Nursing Department while providing back up nursing support when needed. Provides consistent coverage at the St. Joseph nursing station, ensuring phone calls and call bells are answered in an acceptable amount of time. Ensures consistent staffing by covering nursing schedule openings.
1. Assist in answering phones and call system at nurses’ station.
- Schedule/Reschedule Sisters’ appointments, labs, tests.
- Provide back-up coverage for rounding with Medical Director and/or his Resident.
- Transcribe and implement new orders.
- Contact PCA pharmacy with any medication changes, new orders.
- Assist in thinning out charts, as needed.
- Assist with Covid-19 testing twice weekly (or as required by county positivity rate).
- Complete the 6-week staffing schedule.
- Approve schedule changes/switches.
- Fill in for nurse call-ins as needed.
- Redirect and educate staff, and ensure they are compliant with facility policies/procedures.
- Assists in the orientation for nursing services staff.
- Performs specific duties and procedures assigned by and under the direction of the Director of Nursing or her designee.
- May be called upon to assist other personnel with special projects where extra man-power is needed.
- Plans and implements a personal development program utilizing internal and external resources to assure continuing professional growth.
- Participates and completes assigned Relias Learning courses by designated due dates.
- Adheres to strict safety practices and is constantly conscious of unsafe or potentially unsafe working conditions and makes every effort to correct or report hazards to the proper authority.
Powered by JazzHR
Daughters of Charity Ministries
HealthcareView all jobs at Daughters of Charity Ministries