DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the provision of resident care/small group activities, complying with established standards of care and following defined procedures.
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with each Sister-resident.
- Report pertinent data and observations through established system of communication.
- Follow procedures for charting to ensure that maintenance of accurate and complete patient records.
- Provide resident care according to an established plan of care as directed.
- Participate in change of shift report.
- Receive and carry out resident care assignments following established procedures and routines.
- Observe and measure Sister's vital signs, intake and output and other indicators of their state of health.
- Provide physical care to those Sisters who are not able to provide for themselves.
- Offer emotional support to residents during stressful periods.
- Perform specific procedures and treatments assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in dining room at meals.
- Accompany Sister residents to outside assignments if needed.
- Conduct small group activities as directed.
- Participate and/or conduct activities for Sisters as directed by Activity staff.
- Monitor response to activities and report any changes in activity patterns to Charge Nurse.
- Provide one-on-one activities as directed
- Assist with orientation of newly hired nursing assistants.
- Cooperate with staff to achieve departmental objectives and maintain good morale/teamwork
- Perform light housekeeping and laundry services essential to care and comfort as well as maintenance of a hygienic and functional environment.
- Maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge and skill by, reading and participating in service training.
- Perform work, which is relative to each shift.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to regularly attend work as scheduled.
- Maintain professional discretion, strict confidentiality, and prudent speech concerning all aspects of the position.
- Participate in/on committees, as needed.
- Complete annual in-service requirements.
- Record keeping in compliance with facility/departmental policy (i.e., treatments administered, I & Os etc.)
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Powered by JazzHR
Daughters of Charity Ministries