Environmental Services Assistant - Seton Residence
Daughters of Charity Ministries Evansville, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
Department: Environmental Services
Reports To: Environmental Services Supervisor
Supervises: No One
Education: Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions required. High school graduate or the equivalent preferred.
Licensure: None required
Experience: At least three months cleaning experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Must be able to endure at least eight hours continuous work requiring physical demands including but not limited to standing, walking, climbing, stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling and lifting.
2. Must know how to care for equipment, know how to measure cleaning solutions, and be alert to hazards.
3. All job duties are expected to be completed in accordance with the mission and values of the Daughters of Charity.
Summary of Duties:
Performs cleaning and other related tasks (using equipment and supplies provided according to the prescribed techniques and procedures) to assure all areas appear neat and clean, and to prevent spreading of infectious diseases or other contaminations.
1. Gathers and disposes trash.
2. Moves, furniture to thoroughly clean assigned areas and sets-up for meetings, receptions, etc. May be assigned to assist other department workers in moving furniture.
3. Washes windows, walls, light fixtures and heat vents; cleans and adjusts drapes and blinds; locates cobwebs and smudges; cleans and dusts door frames and other high places (using 3ft. - 6ft. ladders and other appropriate equipment and following proper safety procedures.)
4. Cleans and dusts all furniture, ledges and other visible surfaces.
5. Dust mops and wet mops all hard surface floors. Waxes floors as assigned.
6. Vacuums and spot-clean carpets, baseboards, upholstery, door mats and other non-hard surfaces. Inspects carpeted areas for stains and spots. Extracts large and small carpeted areas using carpet extractors and other appropriate tools and equipment.
7. Cleans and scrubs commodes, sinks, mirrors, tubs, showers, community kitchen cabinets and appliances.
8. Makes beds and places soiled linen in linen hamper. Periodically cleans top and bottom of bed frames. Rotates mattresses as needed.
9. Sweeps and maintains outside entrances to be free of dirt, leaves, debris, etc.
10. Checks and prepares vacant rooms for guests.
11. Maintains adequate supplies for public rest rooms, bathrooms and washrooms; replaces supplies as needed.
12. Empties buckets, cleans and stores carts, equipment, supplies, etc. at end of shift. Must be ready for immediate/next day use.
13. May be called upon to assist other personnel with special projects where extra man-power is needed.
14. Plans and implements a personal development program utilizing internal and external resources to assure continuing professional growth.
15. Adheres to strict safety practices and is constantly conscious of unsafe or potentially unsafe working conditions and makes every effort to correct or report hazards to the proper authority.
These essential and marginal functions identify the major requirements of the job. They are not an exhaustive list of all job requirements. An employee may be called upon to perform duties not specifically identified in this job description.
Occasional 10 - 20 degree temperature changes
Powered by JazzHR
Daughters of Charity Ministries
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Daughters of Charity Ministries