Cook - St. Vincent Residence
- Posted: over a month ago
Mission House Support - Cook
St. Vincent Residence
Reports To: Sister Servant
Education: Ability to follow oral and written instructions required. Courses in institutional or hotel cooking preferred.
Licensure: None required
Experience: Experience in hospital or institutional cooking preferred.
Schedule: Hours can vary, typically 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Monday - Thursday)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Must be able to endure at least four hours continuous work requiring physical demands including but not limited to standing, walking, climbing, stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling and lifting.
2. Must know how to operate and care for equipment and appliances and be alert to hazards.
3. Must know how to plan, organize, and measure ingredients to provide a well-balanced meal on a timely basis.
4. All job duties are expected to be completed in accordance with the mission and values of the Daughters of Charity.
Summary of Duties:
Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foods for Sisters at St. Vincent Residence and as needed for extraordinary events. Performs cleaning and other related tasks (using equipment and supplies provided according to the prescribed techniques and procedures) to assure all cooking areas appear neat and clean, and to prevent spreading of infectious diseases or other contaminations.
- Prepares weekly menus in consultation with her supervisor.
- Prepares casseroles and/or other menu items for weekend meals.
- Completes weekly kitchen cleaning task list. (e.g. microwave oven, stovetop, toaster, coffee pots, etc.)
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Prepares soups, casseroles, and salads. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe.
- Observes and tests food being cooked when necessary to determine that it is cooked and properly seasoned
- Responsible for the preparation of special diet plates as needed.
- Assists with washing and putting away of dishes, pots/pans and cooking utensils.
- Gathers and disposes of kitchen trash and recyclables.
- Plans and implements a personal development program utilizing internal and external resources to assure continuing professional growth.
- Adheres to strict safety practices and is constantly conscious of unsafe or potentially unsafe working conditions and makes every effort to correct or report hazards to the proper authority.
These essential functions identify the major requirements of the job. They are not an exhaustive list of all job requirements. An employee may be called upon to perform duties not specifically identified in this job description.
Sudden temperature changes
Frequent exposure to hot/cold (clear and soapy) water
Equipment and machine noises
Cuts and Burns
Exposure to toxic substances
Powered by JazzHR
Daughters of Charity Ministries
FoodView all jobs at Daughters of Charity Ministries