Marketing Director, Demand Generation
- Posted: 24 days ago
Datapeople helps recruiting teams make more thoughtful and accurate decisions about their recruiting process, from the job posts they write to the data they report on. We know that small changes can have big impacts and while we're very happy to serve some of the most forward-thinking talent teams on the planet including Twitch, BuzzFeed, and Oscar Health, at the heart of our mission is an absolute love for candidates and empathy for the challenges they face when trying to get a job.
As the Director of Demand Generation, you will report to the Head of Marketing, lead our customer acquisition strategy, and be responsible for its successful execution through your leadership of direct reports, contractors, and peers (including product, content, and event marketers). Focusing almost exclusively on the middle of the funnel, you'll use data and rigorous analysis not only to design a demand gen model that allows us to meet our marketing and sales goals, but to help determine the (realistic) goals to begin with! You'll think "big picture" about how various marketing channels can work together to produce high-intent leads, pipeline, and revenue; clearly articulate your vision; and motivate others to achieve channel-specific results that power your "engine."You will:
- Recommend a data-informed demand generation strategy and tactics to help accomplish sales pipeline and marketing team goals. Allocate budget strategically and forecast across tactics/channels at least quarterly.
- Proactively and methodically test new tactics and channels to uncover opportunities for step-function growth
- Monitor overall strategy and channel performance using success and operating metrics you, your manager, and company leadership determine to be the most meaningful. Report out on performance and continuously optimize or reallocate budget from underperforming channels.
- Lead a small team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs)
- Manage elements of the marketing website such as conversion rate optimization (CRO) and landing pages
- Manage paid search (SEM) agency and budget
- Collaborate with Content Marketing Manager to strike an efficient balance between organic and paid search (SEO vs. SEM)
- Manage retargeting ads (with support from agency)
- Establish new and improve existing channels likely to directly produce Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs), such as G2 and applicant tracking system (ATS) integration marketplaces
- Nurture leads through the funnel and convert them into MQLs in partnership with Content and Experiential/Event Marketing Managers
- Oversee marketing operations, automation, and tech stack/tooling as needed to support all of the above, as well as occasional ad hoc asks (we currently use a marketing ops agency that you will manage)
We'll measure your success largely through Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs, a.k.a. pipeline), Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR), and BDR-sourced SQLs and ARR.
This is a remote job and available to all candidates with work privileges currently residing in the United States. #LI-RemoteYou have:
- 5+ years of demand generation/growth marketing experience with 2+ years in a leadership role at a venture-backed B2B tech company
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience either directly managing or collaborating with Business or Sales Development teams
- Proficiency with Excel (can perform complex functions) and analytics tools
- Familiarity with marketing and sales tools and systems (our tech stack includes HubSpot, the Google Marketing Platform, SEMRush, and Slintel among others, but related experience is fine!)
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Remote-friendly team and open to more flexible work arrangements
We come to work every day with the mission of making opportunities more accessible and the recruiting process fairer for candidates. We're a remote-first company with linguists, engineers, and scientists working all across the United States. For candidates residing within the United States, the anticipated salary range for this position is $125,000 - $155,000 with eligibility for additional bonus based on performance. Actual compensation is determined by many factors including candidate experience and skills; location/market; and business needs.
We care deeply about fairness (it's our mission) so you can be ensured that your application will never be judged based on your religious belief, age, color, race, creed, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnic origin, family status or disability.
BusinessView all jobs at Datapeople
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?