Linux Server Administrator
- Posted: March 30, 2023
Our client, a multinational company that designs, manufactures, and sells networking equipment is seeking a Linux Server Administrator who meets the below requirements:
The function of the Linux Server Administrator is to support a team of software architects and software development engineers to stage and validate engineering POC Testbed\u2019s. Support testing activities on behalf of the key, strategic customers.
This person will have to have strong Linux OS and related environment support experience.
Regular work activities:
· Daily team collaboration on work activities and priority check points
· Perform in-depth troubleshooting to root cause and resolve issues in data center environment
· Execute tasks in a time efficient manner to meet project/team timelines and expectations
· Deliver clear and concise documentation on completed work
· Execute work as it is defined by the Agile methodology
· Maintaining tidy, safe, and compliant lab/work areas defined in Cisco standards and requirements
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
End-user support services (at least 3-4 years providing Tier 1/Tier 2 support)
In-depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat 6-8, Ubuntu 18-20.
Excellent knowledge of Logical Volume Management (LVM) and other file systems (ext4, xfs, NFS, CIFS, etc.)
Experience in virtualization technologies (VMWARE ESX, KVM, etc.)
Knowledge of LDAP, AD (Quest Authentication Services - QAS/VAS), DHCP, DNS, etc.
Knowledge of Windows OS a plus.
Nice to have - L1-L3 networking knowledge and troubleshooting: CCNA preferred
· Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
· Able to root cause complex problems and drive pro-active solutions.
· A self-starter and team player, who can multitask according to priorities
· Document best practices and problem-solving efforts for future implementation
· Communicate effectively and collaboratively with integrated lab team members, engineers and leadership
· A strong desire to learn new technologies and evolving technical concepts and various implementations
· Passionate about working in networking technology.
· Out-of-the box thinker, get things done right at first time
· Detail oriented with strong written and verbal skills
This is a completely on-site position. C2C candidates are not going to be considered. No relocation assistance available.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?