DataField Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Database Administrator, you help create solutions that make our system work more efficiently and effectively
- Support multiple business units as part of a cross-functional team, contributing to:
- Database Tooling (creation, deployments, monitoring, automation)
- Schema creation and alterations
- Capacity planning
- Performance analysis
- Query optimization
- Partner with development teams during design phases to ensure effective utilization of our databases and sharing of your expertise
- Monitor the performance of database operations and proactively recommend solutions
- Maintain our security standards by implementing backup and disaster recovery requirements
- Document everything important you do for our data
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of hands-on development in Oracle Databases using PL/SQL and SQL
o Experience with Oracle 12c and above.
- 7+ years on Linux
o Experience with Redhat 7.X and above.
- Experience with Oracle database installation and patching
- Experience managing database access and permissions for all database users and database objects
- Experience creating and managing tablespaces
- Experience with creating and troubleshooting database links
- Expertise in performance tuning and modeling
- Experience with creating and troubleshooting database triggers
- Experience with debugging packages, procedures, functions on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts
- Ability to monitor databases, database activity and related systems to ensure optimized performance and scripting
- Should have some understanding of data integration technologies and methodologies (API driven, ETL tools like Data Stage, Golden gate, Oracle Data Integrator etc.)
- Proven experience monitoring for potential issues and proactively recommending solutions
- Experience working with data lake/warehouse solutions (ex: Hue/Hadoop)
- Experience working with Granite Inventory
- Adaptable to changing priorities and understanding diverse stakeholders’ database needs
- Desire to empathetically share and receive feedback and knowledge to help everyone keep improving
- Thrive at working closely with a team to find solutions collaboratively
- Able to effectively explain your choices during problem-solving
- Great at communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
Our company culture is a collection of the unique individuals who represent our mission and values. We are looking for people who are motivated to take on challenges and have a passion for helping others.
DataField is a unique combination of a telecom and a recruiting company. We serve a dual purpose in our business. On one side we do the circuit design for many telecom companies both large and small with our network engineers. On the other we are the 3rd party recruiter for many IT companies. We also on occasion hire for positions within our own company.
We offer Contract, Permanent, and Contract-To-Hire positions.
Founded in 1989 DataField is a unique combination of a telecom and a recruiting company. We serve a dual purpose in our business. On one side we do the circuit design for many telecom companies both large and small with our network engineers. On the other we are the 3rd party recruiter for many IT companies. We also on occasion hire for positions within our own company. We offer Contract, Permanent, and Contract-To-Hire positions.