Data Vista, a nation-wide computer service and support company located in Bordentown, NJ provides certain midrange service, tape library and peripheral, networking and storage library hardware maintenance services and is currently seeking a "Tier 3 IBM X3650 M4/ X3750 M4 / X3950 X6, hardware Engineer to provide remote support for our dedicated technical team. This would be contract work and only a few hours a week of remote backline support at a rate of $50-60 per hour on a contractor basis depending on experience. The position would include everything from reviewing logs, communicating an action plan, providing replacement part numbers for us to order, and providing live backline support for our field engineers over the phone if needed. I should note that we are a hardware, break-fix Company. If a remedy would involve updating firmware, or OS repair, we would not be responsible for this. We can point the customer to the remedy; however, the customer must perform all non-hardware work themselves. Pay/time is negotiable.
This position also provides an advanced level of technical assistance to all our customers. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset essential for effective troubleshooting and improving network functions, as well as a passion for technology.
Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of the network via phone.
- Provide detailed action plans on hardware replacements and assist the customer when necessary
Inspect networks infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs via phone.
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on the computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions. Support Data Vista's field staff.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware, as well as configuring and troubleshooting IBM X3650 Servers
Desired Qualifications & Requirements (Must have advanced knowledge in some products below).
Experience Tier 3 IBM hardware / X86 products
- NOTE: Data Vista is a 24x7 work environment through typical hours for this position is Monday thru Friday during business hours
- Candidate must speak fluent English and hathe ve ability to commute the to office during business hours
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin
- Job Type: Contractor / Remote
- Candidate can expect between 5-10 hrs a month of service-related events on an hourly/ contractor basis
- Email Resume: Kyle Roche / firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Vista, Inc. has been delivering technology assurance solutions and technology asset management services to leading companies since 1994. Although Data Vista started as an Independent Service Provider (ISP) and Third-Party Maintenance (TPM) company, we have steadily expanded our portfolio of services and product offerings over the years to become a full-service Technology Life Cycle Management organization. Seniority Level
Tier 3 backline supportIndustry
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Computer Networking
Remote ContractJob Functions
- Information Technology